Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2011, 11:26 PM

New computers

I usually don't get excited about computers but at the Las Vegas meeting thingy on tv this morning they showed a few of the new things coming out this year. The one I'm interested in is smaller than the usual comp, about the size of an i pad, and has no key board until you touch the lower screen then it appears. The thought of no more broken keys just sends me into a fit of frenzy. Last week the dog sat on the keyboard and I'm struggling with several broken keys. I'm looking forward to no bits falling off everytime I look at my computer.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2011, 12:05 AM

Re: New computers

Will have to keep an eye out for that

A couple of years ago I thought up of a a dual screen laptop - where the bottom screen becomes a touch-screen keyboard, which can also change depending on the program (so for an art program it could become a canvas, etc).

I should get a patent on that idea lol
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2011, 12:05 AM

Sounds neat Troopie - what are they called - I am an ignoramus as far as technology is concerned - I just know enough to survive.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2011, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by TROOPIE ->
I usually don't get excited about computers but at the Las Vegas meeting thingy on tv this morning they showed a few of the new things coming out this year. The one I'm interested in is smaller than the usual comp, about the size of an i pad, and has no key board until you touch the lower screen then it appears. The thought of no more broken keys just sends me into a fit of frenzy. Last week the dog sat on the keyboard and I'm struggling with several broken keys. I'm looking forward to no bits falling off everytime I look at my computer.

Troopie, how do get broken Keyboards?

I have never had a broken keyboard even when I have dropped things ( cup of Coffee) on them.

The newest computers do not need a keyboard, you talk to them and they respond, they will also read out what is on the screen for you, mind you most computers can do that today.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2011, 02:47 PM

I'm a bit of stick in the mud when it comes to small screens and scaled down equipment. I just have to have a large monitor,tower, and all the other bits that go with it. My nightmare would be trying to see everything properly.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2011, 12:04 PM

I agree John - small and portable is great, but I too have problems if screens are too small.
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 05:16 AM

I'll bet you all thought I was just a lousy speller! I don't know what they are called but I can't wit till they are available. I go through electrical items like drinks of water. I don't know why. I've been through about 35 washing machines, 7 dishwashers and so far I'm on my 7th computer. I just seem to be incompatible with everything. I have so far dropped one DS in a bucket of water, dropped another on the floor and smashed it and the best of all, I have set one on fire. I left it on top of the stove and no one even mentioned the smell, because as was explained to me, my cooking always smells funny! I won't even say how many radios, dvd players, tv's and cd players I have broken.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by TROOPIE ->
I'll bet you all thought I was just a lousy speller! I don't know what they are called but I can't wit till they are available. I go through electrical items like drinks of water. I don't know why. I've been through about 35 washing machines, 7 dishwashers and so far I'm on my 7th computer. I just seem to be incompatible with everything. I have so far dropped one DS in a bucket of water, dropped another on the floor and smashed it and the best of all, I have set one on fire. I left it on top of the stove and no one even mentioned the smell, because as was explained to me, my cooking always smells funny! I won't even say how many radios, dvd players, tv's and cd players I have broken.
Somehow I don't think you'll get a job with Comet, Currys, or PC World! The good news however, is that Which? are looking for people to test new products!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2011, 03:15 PM

Although I've been tempted by the Apple IPad my three computers are all I really need. My new Kindle is a different sort of gadget that really gets used. It's simple to use, very easy on the eyes & it's the size of a paperback book. It's also more versatile than I initially thought, showing photos & playing music. It also allows a connection to the internet, your email & Google. Great Gadget!
Kagslee
New Member!
North East UK
Kagslee is female 

22-01-2011, 08:40 PM

Troopie sounds like you would love my computer, it's a MSI Wind Top which is an all in one pc, no need for a keyboard or big box it's all built into the screen, it's amazing I love it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top