Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2011, 05:43 PM

Re: My New Kindle

Lol yeah good idea Bob!

I'm still loving mine

I missed page numbers at first, but think I prefer the percentage now - shows me how far through the book I am without having to work it out via page numbers
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2011, 03:16 AM

I've adjusted to not having page numbers too; am 33% thru current book.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

27-01-2011, 02:05 AM

Got mine the other day ...Loving it so far but not had much time to fiddle with it ...Did a bit of fiddling when I first got it and found it difficult to get get back to where I was in the book I was reading ......Does anyone know of a quick way to get back to where you left off in a book if you happen to go wayyyyyyyy off course and mess it all up ........... The page finder / marker thingy i mean .

Dunno if i`m making any sense here
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2011, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
Got mine the other day ...Loving it so far but not had much time to fiddle with it ...Did a bit of fiddling when I first got it and found it difficult to get get back to where I was in the book I was reading ......Does anyone know of a quick way to get back to where you left off in a book if you happen to go wayyyyyyyy off course and mess it all up ........... The page finder / marker thingy i mean .

Dunno if i`m making any sense here
You can bookmark the page.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2011, 03:11 AM

Mine automatically opens on the page I was reading when I turned it off.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2011, 04:09 AM

Use the 'back' button - that takes you back a page, whether it's after pressing the 'next' (or back) button or clicking on one of the links in the book itself
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

28-01-2011, 01:20 PM

Thank you all so much for the replies but i`m afraid none of them have the solution i`m looking for

Perhaps i`m just crap at explaining but i`ll try again

When I first got my Kindle I set it up and downloaded some books .For ages I sat engrossed reading a book and got as far as 37% , then I decided to fiddle with it , wifi etc , so off I went exploring and when I wanted to go back to the book it was at page 1 again . I was understandably peed off and wondered if there was a quick way ( shortcut even ) to get back to the 37% again without having to press the Forward button for what seems like forever ?

Thanks in advance
Welsh Dragon
Monmouthshire
Welsh Dragon is female  Welsh Dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2011, 01:48 PM

That was a daft thing to do Topaz.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

28-01-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon ->
That was a daft thing to do Topaz.
LOL

Says the chick who hasnt read a Book since nineteen oatcake ........... LOLOL

Actualy fiddlin wiv fingz is how you find out about em ...That and askin peeps questions .........

I do luffs my Kindle though
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

29-01-2011, 03:45 AM

If, instead of using the Back arrow on the side to revert to a page while reading, you've been out of that and into Menu or Home and want to get back to the book, use the Back KEY on the bottom of the Kindle. That has worked for me.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top