Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 04:00 AM

Re: My New Kindle

Just downloaded another science fiction novel for free and am 13% through it already. Love my Kindle. So many books for free. I take it everywhere with me. Wi-Fi networks all over the place where I live.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

29-01-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
If, instead of using the Back arrow on the side to revert to a page while reading, you've been out of that and into Menu or Home and want to get back to the book, use the Back KEY on the bottom of the Kindle. That has worked for me.

Thanks for your help but that BACK KEY didnt work either .......... I seemed to have gone soooooooo far off the mark that Kindle thought I was starting the book from the beginning ........ There must be a quick way you can scan forward from page one ( 1% ) to further into the book , I just dont know how , which is why i`m asking you lot
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 03:31 PM

MENU - GO TO - enter page number
LEAHTAO
Cumbria UK
LEAHTAO is female 

29-01-2011, 09:13 PM

The Kindle does look like an interesting thing to have BUT I really do like going to the library and browsing.....that was until last week when there was a group of pre-school children sitting singing in a group near to where I was trying to have a 'quiet' browse.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

29-01-2011, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
MENU - GO TO - enter page number

Oh Dear Bob , ta for the tip but my Kindle doesnt have page numbers

In fact , I dunno anyone else who does , even Americans , cos I did wonder if it was an American thing but seemingly not , yours must be special
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

29-01-2011, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by LEAHTAO ->
The Kindle does look like an interesting thing to have BUT I really do like going to the library and browsing.....that was until last week when there was a group of pre-school children sitting singing in a group near to where I was trying to have a 'quiet' browse.

You can have a nice quiet browse with your Kindle and they will even send you samples for free
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
Oh Dear Bob , ta for the tip but my Kindle doesnt have page numbers

In fact , I dunno anyone else who does , even Americans , cos I did wonder if it was an American thing but seemingly not , yours must be special
I'm American and mine only shows the %, no page #, this was mentioned earlier. . But in Menu there's an option to sync to last page read; have you tried that?

When all else fails, try the Kindle Help line .... I'm assuming there is such a thing?
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

29-01-2011, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I'm American and mine only shows the %, no page #, this was mentioned earlier. . But in Menu there's an option to sync to last page read; have you tried that?When all else fails, try the Kindle Help line .... I'm assuming there is such a thing?

Oooooooo, thank yoy Dandy`s Mom .I havnt tried that but will tomoz cos I left my Kindle at Sons House earlier ( i`m a silly sausage arent I )

dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 10:20 PM

Just wanted to add a battery comment. I got mine about a week before Christmas and used it daily (wireless off); have not had a low battery warning until this morning.... that's great!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

29-01-2011, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
Oooooooo, thank yoy Dandy`s Mom .I havnt tried that but will tomoz cos I left my Kindle at Sons House earlier ( i`m a silly sausage arent I )

Oh, do let me know if that works!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top