Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 12:09 PM

Re: A film you revisited recently

I have lost count of the number of times I have watched Apollo 13 - probably about 15 times now. I like the film mainly for it's direction (Ron Howard).
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have lost count of the number of times I have watched Apollo 13 - probably about 15 times now. I like the film mainly for it's direction (Ron Howard).
It's direction was moonward
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 01:20 PM

Barbarella, love that film.
Have the DVD's.
I've seen the latter on TV many times as well, but they don't show Barbarella very often.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xo6FaypcpY
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It's direction was moonward
It certainly was. So much detail and clever directing moments.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 04:24 PM

I've been meaning to buy the complete James Bond collection for many years and at the weekend I looked it up on Ebay and went ahead with it at last.
All 24 films, plus the unofficial 'Never Say Never Again' (a reappearance by Sean Connery) which I bought separately and Spectre, the last one.
Total cost brand new: £38. Can't beat that for a classic series of movies.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 04:26 AM

Over the past few weeks my Friday night entertainment has been to watch a classic DVD. I have recently been watching some contemporary war films again including:
Platoon
Born On The Fourth Of July
Windtalkers
Behind Enemy Lines
Casualties Of War

Not a bad movie among them
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 05:59 AM

I didn't realize there were 24 Bond films

I've never seen a whole one.Just famous bits.

The Big Country was on tv the other day.I can watch that often.
G.Peck and/or C.Heston for the ladies.Jean Simmons for us blokes,Burl Ives for the acting,fantastic scenery and a good theme tune.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 07:01 AM

In addition to the one I mentioned earlier there are several films that I never tire of watching:-

The Sundowners - Robert Mitchum, Deborah Kerr, Peter Ustinov.
The Shiralee - Peter Finch (Bryan Brown did a remake but not so good).
The America President - Annette Benning, Michael Douglas.
Mary, Queen of Scots - Vanessa Redgrave, Glenda Jackson.
A Man for all Season's - Charlton Heston, Vanessa Redgrave, Roy Kinnear.
Westworld - Yul Brynner
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 08:41 AM

My very favourite film of all time is Calamity Jane...I've watched it many times, i love the bit where they move into the little cabin in the woods, it's all broken down and filthy but it ends up all clean and cosy with gingham curtains and flowers everywhere

Doris Day is still alive by the way...I was reading about her yesterday 90 odd and still going strong
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
My very favourite film of all time is Calamity Jane...I've watched it many times, i love the bit where they move into the little cabin in the woods, it's all broken down and filthy but it ends up all clean and cosy with gingham curtains and flowers everywhere

Doris Day is still alive by the way...I was reading about her yesterday 90 odd and still going strong
I love Doris Day films too.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top