Join for free
Page 97 of 276 « First < 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 01:58 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Yes, it's just 11c here - not as warm as predicted.
It’s definitely a lot warmer than that here!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 02:15 PM

Am sat here sweltering, and have had to switch on my air-cooler!!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Do you know, it’s a strange thing, but if I’m out for a meal in a restaurant, I can drink a couple of large glasses of red, but at home I struggle to drink half a small glass!
If you need any help Val

Yes, I'm feeling much better this morning too.
Yes, it's just 11c here - not as warm as predicted.
It’s definitely a lot warmer than that here!
Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Am sat here sweltering, and have had to switch on my air-cooler!!!
It is indeed very hot here - Phew!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 02:37 PM

Better today - up to 18c - which is positively tropical. Parts of Scotland were 27c yesterday while we in the East coast only got up to 11.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 04:07 PM

A change for us too, misty and cool!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 04:19 PM

Better today - up to 18c - which is positively tropical. Parts of Scotland were 27c yesterday while we in the East coast only got up to 11.
A change for us too, misty and cool!
Still hot down South.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 10:23 AM

I slept well (10 to 7) after very little sleep the previous night - feel quite good today.

The weather is of the kind where currently it's cool (11c) but may burn back like yesterday and reach 20c. Or it could stay misty all day.

My doctor increased my pain medication yesterday, explaining how this is sometimes necessary. I'm up to 15mg on the Oxycodone from 10mg plus more liquid at night. The pain has been getting worse - some moderate activity (putting together a TV or walking to the corner of the road leaves me exhausted and this is when my neck, back and shoulders begin to hurt.

Staying inside, like today, I still need the tablets although I'm going to try and reduce the frequency with which I take them.

I'd give anything to be able to go out and do a 4 mile walk.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

29-05-2018, 10:48 AM

I slept well (10 to 7) after very little sleep the previous night - feel quite good today.

The weather is of the kind where currently it's cool (11c) but may burn back like yesterday and reach 20c. Or it could stay misty all day.

My doctor increased my pain medication yesterday, explaining how this is sometimes necessary. I'm up to 15mg on the Oxycodone from 10mg plus more liquid at night. The pain has been getting worse - some moderate activity (putting together a TV or walking to the corner of the road leaves me exhausted and this is when my neck, back and shoulders begin to hurt.

Staying inside, like today, I still need the tablets although I'm going to try and reduce the frequency with which I take them.

I'd give anything to be able to go out and do a 4 mile walk.
I am so sorry you are in such pain Dreamy. That in itself is exhausting. At least you have your TV sorted now.
No idea what is on in the day, I never put mine on until evening.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

30-05-2018, 09:19 AM

I'm in no pain in the morning - it just kind of builds up during the day. By 4pm I definitely need some tablets and again just before bedtime.

When I'm walking, I have great trouble moving my head to the left or right to check for traffic. My neck is so stiff. I'm guessing this is the surgeries.

After finally assembling my TV and putting in the various sockets for the aerial, power, sound etc. I was covered in sweat. I wonder how some older people manage. I should be able to do this without difficulty, I'm only 51.

If I was suddenly placed in our Botanical Gardens I would be fine until I had to move about: It's not sore legs or some other handicap just a very fatigued body I have, so a walking stick is no good. On the way to my doctors or coming back from my chemist there are benches for which I am very grateful, less than 5 minutes walking and I need to rest.

I suppose that it is the chemo, I don't know exactly, but I can be fine then 10 minutes later my body is like it's run a marathon.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

30-05-2018, 12:34 PM

I'm in no pain in the morning - it just kind of builds up during the day. By 4pm I definitely need some tablets and again just before bedtime.

When I'm walking, I have great trouble moving my head to the left or right to check for traffic. My neck is so stiff. I'm guessing this is the surgeries.

After finally assembling my TV and putting in the various sockets for the aerial, power, sound etc. I was covered in sweat. I wonder how some older people manage. I should be able to do this without difficulty, I'm only 51.

If I was suddenly placed in our Botanical Gardens I would be fine until I had to move about: It's not sore legs or some other handicap just a very fatigued body I have, so a walking stick is no good. On the way to my doctors or coming back from my chemist there are benches for which I am very grateful, less than 5 minutes walking and I need to rest.

I suppose that it is the chemo, I don't know exactly, but I can be fine then 10 minutes later my body is like it's run a marathon.
Is there no-one that can take you out in a wheelchair, whilst you are feeling this way? I know here, that the Red Cross provides them. When I fell off a stage and broke a toe, we got one free of charge, but, we gave a donation anyway.

Page 97 of 276 « First < 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top