Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 11:03 PM

The Cloud

"The Cloud" is all over the news these days. What is it? Will it tear my roof off? What's the big deal?

I know you all have heard these reports that Amazon, Google & now Apple have their own "Clouds". What a cloud is represents a new way to store your music, photos, books and movies online at one of the growing list of cloud sites. I got involved with the Amazon Cloud because I buy all my books & music from Amazon.com. They give you a generous bit of storage space to upload your present collection of music. They won't charge you for loading new purchases from them and if you choose, automatically store them to your cloud account. They provide free Cloud Player software that lets you download anything from your cloud collection to any computer on the internet.

I initially uploaded over 1800 songs and have added a couple of hundred more since I began my involvement with cloud technology. The biggest advantage to using cloud storage is security. Once uploaded you never need worry about a disaster destroying your collection of unreplaceable treasures. I keep all my ebooks, music, photos and movies online now, for free.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 11:53 PM

Re: The Cloud

I don't want to burst your 'Cloud' Bob, and this is probably a stupid question, but are you sure all your photo's are safe and remain your sole property...even when (God forbid) you pass on?.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I don't want to burst your 'Cloud' Bob, and this is probably a stupid question, but are you sure all your photo's are safe and remain your sole property...even when (God forbid) you pass on?.
My storage site is http://bobmielke.smug.com

These are all originals taken by me. Help yourself. When I die I'm not worried about what I leave behind.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

09-06-2011, 01:57 PM

The Clouds dont offer me enough space to back up , so I have mine on two external 1tb HD`s , one of which is kept at my youngest sons house just in case

I also have a separate one 1.5tb just for my audio books .

That link doesnt take us to your page Bob
bobmielke
Portland, OR

09-06-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
The Clouds dont offer me enough space to back up , so I have mine on two external 1tb HD`s , one of which is kept at my youngest sons house just in case

I also have a separate one 1.5tb just for my audio books .

That link doesnt take us to your page Bob
My bad, it's http://bobmielke.smugmug.com
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

09-06-2011, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
My bad, it's http://bobmielke.smugmug.com

Thats the one ......... Thanks

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top