Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 07:53 AM

Eye in the Sky

Shows the reality of drone attacks .
I didn't know what a reaper was before.
Engrossing.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:22 AM

Re: Eye in the Sky

Saw this Helen Mirren film a few months back and enjoyed it, as you say a bit of an eye opener... !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 11:15 AM

What a tense film, I was engrossed.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 01:16 PM

I saw this last night ...tbh it was making my blood boil by the end...what an awful lot of unecessary buck passing
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I saw this last night ...tbh it was making my blood boil by the end...what an awful lot of unecessary buck passing
I agree. I think the two 'pilots' would have just been sacked for not following orders.

It was also sad that the military would be blamed for the death of the young girl but not the real cause - the terrorists.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 05:23 PM

Excellent film. We just watched it.

What came across to me, more than anything else, was the arguing and prevaricating of the politicians and especially the do-gooder female (who bore a passing resemblance to 'Lady Nugee').

Once the political decision has been made to take out a target, that should be it: leave it to the military.

Sad that one little girl was killed, but had the terrorists been allowed to leave their house it would have been many more.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-08-2018, 07:35 PM

I have seen videos of drones taking out targets and the pilots don't question their orders. In fact, a strike is normally met with whoops of joy.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have seen videos of drones taking out targets and the pilots don't question their orders. In fact, a strike is normally met with whoops of joy.
Yes, Americans are usually quite 'gung ho' and sod the consequences.

That certainly didn't come across on the film. The bloke had tears in his eyes.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top