Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 07:48 PM

Robert Rinder -Who do you think you are ?

The moving ( so moving one of the historians cried )and harrowing story of Robert Rinders family .
Was on BBC 1 Monday around 8.00pm
Worth watching on catch up.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 08:31 PM

Re: Robert Rinder -Who do you think you are ?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The moving ( so moving one of the historians cried )and harrowing story of Robert Rinders family .
Always watch this. One of my favourite programmes.

I drunkenly mentioned once that it was 'must watch TV'

Now at 7.55pm on a monday i get a text from my Brother in law saying' there's something starting on BBC 2 that you MUST watch'
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Who is he?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Who is he?
I didn't know either but then I rarely watch television. If you want to know, Google is your friend.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 09:46 PM

He's a Judge. He is on daytime TV too
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 09:48 PM

Otherwise known as Judge Rinder.
He was also brilliant on Strictly come dancing. Gave it everything!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:20 PM

I watched Judge Rinder last night Muddy, I like him.

I agree with you, it was very moving.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 08:31 AM

I watch the show every week it's one of my favourites. The Judge Rinder one was really moving I was in tears too with him....what a lovely man he is kind and gentle with a real sense of justice...he picked the ideal profession.

A harrowing story of persecution and survival and whoever said the ideal revenge is to do well and be happy....how true.

If you missed it it's on catch up.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 09:07 AM

I had never heard of Robert Rinder (who I understand is a criminal barrister with a TV show) until he appeared on 'Strictly' . I have since heard interviews with him on the radio since.

It was a thought-provoking programme and I wondered if a friend who lost almost her entire family in the Holocaust was watching. Her father and mother escaped with nothing but the clothes they wore. Her Father went on to start a successful clothing business.

I could imagine Robert's grandfather getting his first glimpse of Windemere and being welcomed by the warm hearted Cumbrian people, it must have felt like arriving in heaven.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 09:41 AM

I saw his reaction to his Grandfather lying about his age to get to England and the relief when he read that he had asked later for it to be rectified.

You could see that it had not sat comfortable with him. Good to see

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top