Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:38 PM

Re: Advice needed, please!

The main reason I am trying to sort them into to some sort of order is ease of finding specific ones. Every so often I do a 'Film Night' for my friends - as in - I supply the food, they bring the wine and choose what we watch! It is fun because they often choose things I have not seen for a while.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Alpha and genre - or just alpha, Floydy ?
Hetero Alpha male obviously, Tabby
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:59 PM

My firm advice is if you've got time to collect that amount and time to watch that amount then!!!!!!!!!!!! get a life!!!!!!!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
My firm advice is if you've got time to collect that amount and time to watch that amount then!!!!!!!!!!!! get a life!!!!!!!!
No need to wind Tabby up, Gumby. Why do you need a reaction?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
No need to wind Tabby up, Gumby. Why do you need a reaction?
LOL!! He doesn't have the ability to wind me up, Floydy, but thank you for being my champion!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The main reason I am trying to sort them into to some sort of order is ease of finding specific ones. Every so often I do a 'Film Night' for my friends - as in - I supply the food, they bring the wine and choose what we watch! It is fun because they often choose things I have not seen for a while.
I've just downloaded and tested "DVD Profiler".

Download time - Less than 5 mins

Setup time - Less than 10 mins

To add a new DVD, either insert the DVD or enter the UPC code or movie title, and DVD Profiler will download all of the related information, including cover images. You can use DVD Profiler to organize and rate your DVDs by categories (movie, audio, etc.), and it also supports rental tracking if you decide to lend your movies to your friends. The wide variety of statistical information includes genre, film studio, rating, release dates, and much more.

Adding time - Less than 1 min per DVD

Screencap attached

Some of the features that become disabled after 50 DVDs are: upload/share your collection at Invelos Online, download/view/print reports, export to XML and high resolution cover scans. But even without these features, you'll enjoy a professional and powerful tool that offers excellent organization of a DVD collection of unlimited size, with no ads and no nag screens.

So there's no need to buy, but if you decide to, it's only $15 - that's very little for a very powerful product.

More info and pics:

http://www.invelos.com/dvdpro/Info.aspx

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DVD Profiler.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	6941  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

25-08-2018, 06:31 AM

Wow! That looks really good, Omah. Thank you!!

There is even a section to keep track of those out on loan!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top