Join for free
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 03:33 AM

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

On and exclusive to Netflix. It's starts out a little chick-flicky, but stay with it. The plot is a good one.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 07:10 AM

Re: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

I have heard good things about it.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 07:54 AM

I will keep an eye peeled, for reviews and the boxset.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
On and exclusive to Netflix. It's starts out a little chick-flicky, but stay with it. The plot is a good one.
An excellent film Surfermom, we went to see it when it was first released at the cinema. Although a very good story based on real life events, most of the filming was done in Devon.......I wondered why I didn't recognise many of the locations....

On our recent visit to Guernsey, the lady taxi driver who has provided us with transport to and from the airport on virtually every visit, sold us a book written by her father describing life on the island during the occupation.
A brilliant book written by someone who was there. The loyalty, courage and ingenuity of the Guernsey people was amazing.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 04:46 AM

Funny, OGF, I kept looking for familiar spots based on some of the photos you have shared and others that I Googled - and never recognized any. Now it makes sense.

Let us know what you think about the book. It was a harrowing ordeal, most especially for those taken there for forced labor.

We never had it shown in theaters here. I am sure it was enjoyable on the big screen.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top