Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 05:51 PM

Re: Jack Reacher

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sorry guys, anything with Tom Cruise in .....Brilliant.....
Especially 'A Few Good Men'

Not a mission is Tom Cruise a brilliant actor

However he did hold his own on A Few Good Men

However I think the whole casting was good, everyone played their part well

An excellent film
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 07:44 PM

I think the Tom Cruise performance I have enjoyed most was that in Magnolia. Totally against type and hilarious.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
i think thomas is being very unfair to lee childs jack reacher
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 08:16 PM

I haven't read the books so can't comment on if or why Cruise is a good choice or not. But on the subject of Tom Cruise being a good actor or not, yes of course he is. He's one of the best. he's done some great roles.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 08:17 PM

Been having another route for the best bloke to play Reacher. (Been a lazy day )

'Ows about Randy Couture, got the looks, former United States Army Sergeant, retired mixed martial artist and former collegiate and Greco-Roman wrestler. I can see him as Reacher, even tho he's only 6ft

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	randy-couture-in-the-expendables-3.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	7090  
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 08:45 PM

Look don't get me wrong. I have always loved Tom and his dynamic style of acting. I love his enthusiasm and intensity in parts. There was a time I quite fancied him even. He has always had beautiful eyes, the most stunning smile. He's not if you look at him objectively that good looking but he gives you the impression that he is really handsome, really hot.

But he is not right for this part. I think Lee modelled the role on an idealistic image of himself. Looking at him now, he must have been pretty hot when young. When he describes Jack he is IMO describing his own physical characteristics. Plus Reacher is a strong silent type.

The character Reacher would never jump up and punch the air with enthusiasm. He might want to punch someone who does though.....

Anyway it's not just some here who think so, the author himself apparently concurs :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...le-taller.html
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I haven't read the books so can't comment on if or why Cruise is a good choice or not. But on the subject of Tom Cruise being a good actor or not, yes of course he is. He's one of the best. he's done some great roles.
Thanks for your support Floydy, and you Annie (you did your best) I don't care what they say about Tom on here......I like him anyway....Why isn't there a middle finger in the emoji's?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top