Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2011, 08:55 PM

The Silicon guys

www.silicon-group.co.uk

This business started 20 years ago in Alloa . . . the chap was only in his late twenties, a Pakistani fella named Shaff Rassul . . . he took over a tiny newsagets shop and built up the business from nothing.

I have great respect for that . . . he brought his relatives into the business as it grew and I know most of them personally . . . he opened another branch in Edinburgh and it became a major center for PC components in the city.

He has now retired from the business after selling on the Edinburgh branch but the shop in Alloa continues to thrive . . it's still run by his relative Zahid . . . a good friend of mine, and a chap who'll go out of his way to help and advise anyone interested in the computer world.

Many years ago computer fairs were held at various venues in central Scotland once a month where you could buy components at knock down prices, Shaff and his crew were always there to advise and sell a bargain or two.

They still do a postal service and their prices are very competitive . . . if you have a problem or need something give them a ring on 01259725200 . . . . you'll get the best price and advice in the country.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 07:39 AM

Re: The Silicon guys

Good news that Dennis, you can not do better than use recommended people for fixing computers or anything for that matter, far better than going to unknown people and risk getting ripped off.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

24-07-2011, 05:24 PM

Re: The Silicon guys

Thanks for the link Denis.
I have been thinking of upgrading my old machine for a while now, the Athlon 3500+ cpu and maxed out RAM is very much in need of a rest.
The Graphics card is struggling to cope with the 3DS Max apps that are my main interest these days.

I will have to have a good look round at what they have, my usual sources seem to be heading in a different direction these days.

Thanks again.
George

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top