Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 10:58 AM

Re: Which mobile phone!

Thanks for that moetmum--You appear to have used or should I say not used your mobile like myself. I have read one or two reviews on the Tocco Lite and it does have satisfied users but some users have had call drop out problems on O2 network with carphone warehouse!! A break away from home would probably be the only time I would use an internet connection but If we still had our caravan I would think that a major consideration. It certainly is one of the phones I would be interested in as I don't need a phone with high specifications and this one although it isn't a high spec. phone it has enough for my uses.The camera isn't bad either for happy snapping in this price range at 3.2 pixels. It does have a lead connection, bluetooth and if I can remember correctly it has a micro sd card facility for connecting to a computer. So one to think about.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 12:32 PM

I did recognise myself in your description Reuben! I used mine so infrequently in the winter they cut me off and wouldn't reinstate my number, they said it had been reallocated, it hadn't I rang it and it was dead. I had to buy another sim card.

The funny thing is I could never remember my numbers on my old phone but my new one I could almost straight away.

More often than not I text, but haven't had any problems with calls. They use another network signal as well as the orange for better signal coverage. I have to run outside at home because we don't have a good signal here, none of the networks do!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 07:26 AM

I had enough of mobile phones/Pagers when I was working so now I have a simple one that sits in the car solely for emergencies, never been used since my daughter gave it to me seven years ago.
I think mobile phones are the most anti-social item in the world.
Sorry
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 09:13 AM

Nothing to be sorry about Antibrown. It depends a great deal on lifestyle. The young love them and use them for social networking the same as we use computers.My son has recently become a grandad but his new grandchild lives hundreds of miles away.His daughter sends photo's and updates on baby's progress regularly by smart phone where ever they happen to be.As the distance will not allow regular visits it is one way of keeping him involved which is something he loves and appreciates. My main reason for a mobile phone is when I am walking alone with my boxer dog especially in isolated places. If I should get into difficulties with myself or my dog and couldn't get either of us any passing help then a mobile phone would be a god send. Plus hubby would chastise me if I didn't carry one when I go venturing.--They do have there uses.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 09:33 AM

Eeeek @ Tocco lite!! It drove me bananas lol Everytime I looked at it something sprung into action and it was ever anything relevant to what I was trying to do!!!! I still believe good old Nokia are the easiest to navigate but saying that my next one in December will be an HTC as I like the gizmos on them.
rueben
lancs uk

08-08-2011, 10:26 AM

Hi Cassie-I'm so indecisive on whether I actually should even get another mobile or stick with the one I have for what I do with it . Wanting one just to take better photo's is for convenience more than anything. I know I will mull on for ages because I can't yet justify getting one for that reason only. I'll have to make the effort and carry my camera with me for the time being until I eventually make my mind up. My son has a HTC on contract but I don't know which model it is. He has had a few different contract phones over the years and he is very happy with his HTC mobile.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 07:50 PM

I got my Daughters old IPhone when she renewed her Contract.....I looked at it in Horror and thought OMG I'll never learn this thing. But it's actually one of the easiest phones I've ever had. I'm on 02 and I top up £10 on the 1st of every month and I get 300 free texts, I find that great as I tend to Text with my Family a lot. My credit is sitting at around £84 the now as I seldom use the calls.
I've even started using the APPS on it, some are great and there's so many on line you can get, loads of them are free and the ones I've bought are only a few pence. I love the Camera.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 09:43 PM

I have a brilliant idea!!!! Buy a new dog walking bumbag and carry the mobile you have & buy a nice little compact digi for your pics!!!!!
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 10:05 PM

my phone only phones and textes, I tend to leave it on the table and a good one will soon get pinched, and a camera takes better pictures and will normally talk to the computer, my wire is chewed so need a new printer to get mine on line have a reader for one of my cameras but tend to use the other one.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 10:12 PM

I use my cell phone strictly for my own convenience, it's turned off unless I want to use it. It was a Godsend in hospital, but I rarely use it otherwise. Before I got the new computer I had dial-up so used the mobile if I needed to make a call whilst on line. And it was a blessing during power outages when the land line was down. I have a 60 minutes per month plan and almost never exceed the limit except when I was in hospital.

I think Cassie had a brilliant idea!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top