Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 07:13 PM

Re: Young people react to Pink Floyd

I find the kids at school (like ours were) quite well educated in the classic rock n pop albums of the 60s 70s 80s 90s and even the noughties
If I play a track as part of a presentation on a certain era or movement of Art... guaranteed 80% will sing along..word perfect!
Great music stands the test of time
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
If you get the chance, listen to the Wish You Were Here album, a true masterpiece in my opinion. I prefer it to DSOTM.
Thanks Judd, I will look that up.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I find the kids at school (like ours were) quite well educated in the classic rock n pop albums of the 60s 70s 80s 90s and even the noughties
If I play a track as part of a presentation on a certain era or movement of Art... guaranteed 80% will sing along..word perfect!
They certainly know their stuff, Rhian. I think it's because these days chart music is so disposable.
Music is one media form that has not improved with technology.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
It certainly does. How many songs of old do you know off by heart and sing along to when you hear them again?

Can't see that happening with `Slap My Bitch Up` and rap music in forty years time.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Thanks Judd, I will look that up.
It's here Annie just in case you feel the need.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 12:07 AM

Here's somebody else listening to the Floyd for the first time:
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 05:40 PM

The very first time I listened to TDSOTM in 1973, I was 3 or 4 bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale to the good and that's not an excuse but I'm sticking to it because I've been chasing that same buzz the album elicited ever since. It was brilliant, it blew my socks right off!

Since then I'm proud to say that I've actually attended a PF concert at the Stadio Flaminio in Rome when I worked in Rome, have been to a couple of Think Floyd and Brit Floyd concerts (both very good) and a Dark Side Of The Wall gig (the UK band of this name NOT the US version), which, sadly, was a waste of money.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top