Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 01:07 PM

Re: Five European Countries that should be afraid, very afraid.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
It's true Twink, we have our own fifth column within our own Parliament. but hopefully, people have long memories, and when the General Election is upon us, unfortunately, we no longer have the stocks and rotten vegetable throwing, but hopefully, their short-lived political careers will be confined to the dustbins by the electorate that they betrayed. They will be where they belong - unemployed.
I suspect that they are thinking we have short memories!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I can never understand why there is no comprehension that what's bad for the EU is bad for us too. We aren't going to stop trading with these countries so why do you want them to fail? Recession in the US and other countries affects us too. We don't have to be part of a trading block to be affected by economic decline elsewhere. There is a global economic model and we are all in it.
Do you really think that we want other EU countries to fail? I certainly don't because there are people living in those countries.

On the other hand I would not be unhappy if the organization that is called the EU failed, as it would allow it's members to make their own decisions for their own country.
Some will do better and some will do worse, but that is how it was before the EU. The Common Market seemed to be a good idea, till it became obvious that they intended to eventually turn is into another USA. The USA is an enormous country but I think that, if they make any big mistakes, too many people will suffer...... and where will their help come from then?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
A second referendum will determine whether the population of the UK still has the wish to leave. What rubbish, next a third and another and yet another.

Once is enough we voted out so just accept it Solasch.
Well, I accept it. But your own country seems rather insecure about the wisdom of the previous choice. Why else haven't you left. Say, by march 29.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Do you really think that we want other EU countries to fail? I certainly don't because there are people living in those countries.
Yes there are some people who post comments that appear to celebrate any economic problems in certain EU countries. In particular France & Germany are targeted.

On the other hand I would not be unhappy if the organization that is called the EU failed, as it would allow it's members to make their own decisions for their own country.
If the EU fails that would be like an economic atom bomb going off in the world. Even the Euro currency failing would have a devastating effect. Pensions and investments in the UK are tied up in that market. It's a global economy that we have been in for a very long time now. In fact the British Empire had a major part in setting this all up.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The rest of Europe is probably too busy falling about laughing at Brexit ]
You show convincingly the UK fits in the EU. The pictures could have been made in the house of commons. Similar scenes there.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes there are some people who post comments that appear to celebrate any economic problems in certain EU countries. In particular France & Germany are targeted.

If the EU fails that would be like an economic atom bomb going off in the world. Even the Euro currency failing would have a devastating effect. Pensions and investments in the UK are tied up in that market. It's a global economy that we have been in for a very long time now. In fact the British Empire had a major part in setting this all up.
I think those posts are just people who, for their own reasons, don't like the Gemans & the French, but I honestly doubt that they would wish them to suffer.

An economic atom bomb would be no worse than war. and I think that both Germany, France and ourselves managed to get back on our financial feet after WW2. Sometimes we learn a lot from hardships!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 02:20 PM

I think those posts are just people who, for their own reasons, don't like the Gemans & the French, but I honestly doubt that they would wish them to suffer.

An economic atom bomb would be no worse than war. and I think that both Germany, France and ourselves managed to get back on our financial feet after WW2. Sometimes we learn a lot from hardships!

Hi

Yrue, it would not be the end of the World.

I would much rather leave with the minimum possible economic cost to all.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 03:18 PM

Some will do better and some will do worse, but that is how it was before the EU. The Common Market seemed to be a good idea, till it became obvious that they intended to eventually turn is into another USA. The USA is an enormous country but I think that, if they make any big mistakes, too many people will suffer...... and where will their help come from then?
That's exactly my hope too: that the EU will fail and that other member countries will drop out.

Once it is gone, there is just a chance that a new EEC could be formed, which would benefit us all without the complete control by unelected politicians in Brussels.

If that should come about, we must ensure that it doesn't morph into yet another EU!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-05-2019, 03:21 PM

I certainly don't dislike the Germans, although some of the Frogs patently resent our independence and success.

Primarily, of course, it is the politicians who I do detest, at least the ones who run the EU.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 03:23 PM

Well I honestly do believe some here would like the French and Germans to suffer.

It would be like an economic atom bomb if the EU imploded because it would affect us just as badly as them. It's also likely wars would start to break out again.

Saying we got back on our feet after WWII like it was difficult is nonsense. We had a lot of help from the USA. That's how the European Union ended up being formed. They gave countries loads of money from the Marshall plan. It was not hardship. But it was never like it was before for any of the countries involved.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top