Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 02:12 PM

Re: Boris to face Trial

AS already said it is an attempt to prevent Brexit, and it just goes to show how low down people are prepared to go to stop it.

People like this should be exposed for the shear nastiness and absolute amount of being a bad looser they can go to.

Boris like all politicians make mistakes , even the Labour party has kick out one of their main supporters for voting for Liberal in the EU elections.
Namely Alastair Campbell was expelled
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 02:18 PM

Looking at Boris tucking his shirt into his trousers on
his way to court it must have been an urgent application
to appear at court! served at short notice as is the norm
when the legal profession need to gain an advantage!
Just another indication of the desperation of remainers to
get their own way!
We must store all this up for the general election and make
sure we take no prisoners!

Regards Donkeyman!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
AS already said it is an attempt to prevent Brexit, and it just goes to show how low down people are prepared to go to stop it.

People like this should be exposed for the shear nastiness and absolute amount of being a bad looser they can go to.

Boris like all politicians make mistakes , even the Labour party has kick out one of their main supporters for voting for Liberal in the EU elections.
Namely Alastair Campbell was expelled
Hi

Much as I dislike Boris, he is an absolute angel compared to Campbell.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Looking at Boris tucking his shirt into his trousers on
his way to court it must have been an urgent application
to appear at court! served at short notice as is the norm
when the legal profession need to gain an advantage!
Just another indication of the desperation of remainers to
get their own way!
We must store all this up for the general election and make
sure we take no prisoners!

Regards Donkeyman!

I wonder who those private donors are that are putting the money up to pay for the court case.....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 02:42 PM

Having read the link at the beginning of this thread it
would seem Boris's lawyer has got it covered for Boris
and knows exactly who and where this crap is coming
from!
It seems the court case was crowd funded?
Which means gullible remain supporters will pay the tricky
lawyers etc and the plaintive has no stake in this sick
Joke!
The remain camp sink lower and lower!
Add this to the odious Bercow interference and we get a
shyteload of resentment building up!
I suggest we save it up for forthcoming general election!

Regards Donkeyman!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 03:29 PM

I still think Boris is trump's love child - same low mentality, same stupid hair style, same exaggerated sense of their own importance.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 03:52 PM

I see the cockroaches are crawling out from under to try and dirty the name of Boris Johnson! Marcus Ball a campaigner for Remain, crowdfunded £200,000 to take out a private prosecution for misconduct in public office after the Leave campaign used the slogan of £350m a week to the EU.

What I fail to understand is why? I’m sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but we do indeed send £350m a week to the EU dictatorship.
But it seems the cockroaches are stating that he did not take into account the rebate, a net figure of £10.84m, dividing this by 52 we come to a figure of just under £209m a week or if you prefer - £30 million a day!
We can say that Boris should have made it clearer that the gross figure is indeed equivalent to £350m or on a net basis £209 million.

Yet surely the gross figure is the most important as it quantifies resources made by the UK to Brussels without ever knowing exactly how much we are going to get back. Agricultural subsidies in any one year will always depend on a range of factors and the way in which they are calculated are always subject to change.

In fact, the £350 million a week may even be an underestimate!!
Not everyone knows that there are so many anomalies in the VAT system used by the EU. Apparently, Trans-national VAT calculations are a nightmare for being complex.
One example - A French tour operator organising a trip to London can reclaim the VAT incurred on hotel expenses. But a British tour operator organising a trip to Paris is not allowed to reclaim VAT on French hotel expenses under French tax law. So UK businesses are disadvantaged, then reduced profits will feed through in terms of lower corporation taxes received by the UK government

Another way of looking at it - take the figures In 2015, the UK government collected £4.27 billion in VAT and duties. The UK was allowed to keep 25 percent of this as an “administration charge”, but was obliged to pay over the remainder - some £3.2 billion. This 3.2 billion is tax that would otherwise have accrued to the UK Treasury.
Add this 3.2 billion of taxes paid to Brussels in total payments to the EU, less the receipts, then Boris’s figure increases to £413 million per week gross or £270 million net.

So as far as I am concerned, Boris IS guilty -
of UNDERESTIMATING the cost of the EU!!

So go ahead and counter-sue the cockroaches, Boris.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I see the cockroaches are crawling out from under to try and dirty the name of Boris Johnson! Marcus Ball a campaigner for Remain, crowdfunded £200,000 to take out a private prosecution for misconduct in public office after the Leave campaign used the slogan of £350m a week to the EU.

What I fail to understand is why? I’m sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but we do indeed send £350m a week to the EU dictatorship.
But it seems the cockroaches are stating that he did not take into account the rebate, a net figure of £10.84m, dividing this by 52 we come to a figure of just under £209m a week or if you prefer - £30 million a day!
We can say that Boris should have made it clearer that the gross figure is indeed equivalent to £350m or on a net basis £209 million.

Yet surely the gross figure is the most important as it quantifies resources made by the UK to Brussels without ever knowing exactly how much we are going to get back. Agricultural subsidies in any one year will always depend on a range of factors and the way in which they are calculated are always subject to change.

In fact, the £350 million a week may even be an underestimate!!
Not everyone knows that there are so many anomalies in the VAT system used by the EU. Apparently, Trans-national VAT calculations are a nightmare for being complex.
One example - A French tour operator organising a trip to London can reclaim the VAT incurred on hotel expenses. But a British tour operator organising a trip to Paris is not allowed to reclaim VAT on French hotel expenses under French tax law. So UK businesses are disadvantaged, then reduced profits will feed through in terms of lower corporation taxes received by the UK government

Another way of looking at it - take the figures In 2015, the UK government collected £4.27 billion in VAT and duties. The UK was allowed to keep 25 percent of this as an “administration charge”, but was obliged to pay over the remainder - some £3.2 billion. This 3.2 billion is tax that would otherwise have accrued to the UK Treasury.
Add this 3.2 billion of taxes paid to Brussels in total payments to the EU, less the receipts, then Boris’s figure increases to £413 million per week gross or £270 million net.

So as far as I am concerned, Boris IS guilty -
of UNDERESTIMATING the cost of the EU!!

So go ahead and counter-sue the cockroaches, Boris.
In the referendum it was immigration that was the big issue at the time.

The 350 million gross figure as you correctly point out is the figure we sent at the time (or thereabouts if you read crap from FullFact etc). I think it's 250 million net but in the last Conservative Budget, the actual figure for the NHS is 294 million a week extra.

I really hope Boris wins this hands down - but it wont shut the remainers up because they will never admit they lost.

They will want a re-trial and and another referendum again and again - they are like an only child whose parents never said "no"to them.

Ahhh bless the snow flakes...

We should bank up Barrack Obama instead. He did more damage to his health service than we did to ours.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I wonder who those private donors are that are putting the money up to pay for the court case.....
Good question.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

29-05-2019, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Good question.
Read Megs post again LD, the court case was crowdfunded!!
So no cost to the instigators of this farce, the gullible
underlings pay and the greedy, tricky, lawyers get paid!
This is money in the bank when elections come around!

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top