Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:07 PM

Hoorah! The Cheat's Way of Never Having to Flip an Egg Ever Again!

Yes, I'm the one who has spent a fortune putting 10p into the swear box every time over the years as I cursed when trying carefully and gently to turn my fried egg(s) over, only to see the yolk seeping out from under it.

I had heeded all the pitfall warnings in the past, like always only use fresh eggs, (mine are still warm from the hen as I buy them from my hairdresser who is married to a farmer, so you cannot get fresher unless you have hens yourself). Also to never salt and pepper a fried egg until you have flipped it, as it would definitely end in heartache with the yolk when you turned the egg over because of the salt and pepper granules, and always always to cook fried eggs on a gentle heat only and ensure white is always set before turning it with a spatula wider than the egg itself.

So, why did my eggs insist on leaking out the yolk dozens of times over the years when I did everything by the book?!

Anyway, I will never have that bloomin problem ever again. I found this little gem on Youtube today and this is the one I shall be using from now on. Fortunately, the little frying pan that I use solely for frying eggs does have it's own lid,

Yippee! No more broken yolks!

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:12 PM

Re: Hoorah! The Cheat's Way of Never Having to Flip an Egg Ever Again!

Sunny side up for me SG
Every time!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:19 PM

I've always wondered why Americans call them 'over easy'.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:21 PM

I do that already, Shroppy - put a lid on I mean - and it works.
I do it because it saves fat splashes all over my hob top.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:22 PM

Rhian and Pyxell, I never put enough butter in to be able to spoon it over the top, I just put enough in to cover the bottom of the egg. I don't like sunny side up because for some reason, I always find the yolk is never hot enough!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-06-2019, 04:25 PM

Oh Mups, I wish you had shared it on here!! you would have saved me a fortune from my swear box.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Oh Mups, I wish you had shared it on here!! you would have saved me a fortune from my swear box.

Sorry, never gave it a thought.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I do, too - have done for decades because proper "over-easy" does fry both sides and is bound to cook the yolk .....

Mind you, proper "over-easy" is good for sandwiches .....
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I do it because it saves fat splashes all over my hob top.
As soon as I saw the thread title I thought Oh, she doesn't know about using a lid

My ex-MIL used to keep a frying pan on the hob with 2 inches of solid fat in it just for frying eggs, so she could splash it all over the tops of them
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:50 PM

There's always a double-sided egg frying-pan....just flip the pan over!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top