Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 12:54 AM

Gatt 24

Hi

The big lie.

We can leave with No Deal and still Trade for Ten Years on Zero Tariffs.

We cannot impose it, it has to be agreed.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...-24-explained/

This is not an argument not to Leave, it is reality.

Leave we must, we are not idiots however, but our Politicians continue to treat us as such.

Boris is a liar, we never sent the EU £350 million a week and we could certainly not spend that money solely on the NHS without huge consequences.

Nigel Farage immediately distanced himself from that claim.

He is the only one determined to take us out of the EU whilst at the same time being honest about it.

He is the one for me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 09:42 AM

Re: Gatt 24

Boris is a liar, we never sent the EU £350 million a week and we could certainly not spend that money solely on the NHS without huge consequences.
Sorry Swimmy I don't agree on this occasion

As I understand it the £350 million is a gross figure and approximately what we would pay to the EU budget if we didn't have a rebate. Without the rebate, it is around £250 million a week but it varies .
https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-m...ee-55-million/

I did not take the amount of money written on the bus literally and think many did in order to make political gain and it does not mean anyone lied, it is down to interpretation.

I will give an example, if my boss had said to me 'you are getting a pay rise of £100 a week' I might say 'oh good that means more money to spend on my house'. If I didn't the spend all of the £100 on the house I would not consider that I had lied, I had merely used a figure of speech.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Sorry Swimmy I don't agree on this occasion

As I understand it the £350 million is a gross figure and approximately what we would pay to the EU budget if we didn't have a rebate. Without the rebate, it is around £250 million a week but it varies .
https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-m...ee-55-million/

I did not take the amount of money written on the bus literally and think many did in order to make political gain and it does not mean anyone lied, it is down to interpretation.

I will give an example, if my boss had said to me 'you are getting a pay rise of £100 a week' I might say 'oh good that means more money to spend on my house'. If I didn't the spend all of the £100 on the house I would not consider that I had lied, I had merely used a figure of speech.

If the director of a firm asks me to come and work for him, for 350 a week, and upon joining his firm it turns out to be be 250 a week. "Because I could have known 350 is exorbitant high and unrealistic", what do do think I would answer?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
If the director of a firm asks me to come and work for him, for 350 a week, and upon joining his firm it turns out to be be 250 a week. "Because I could have known 350 is exorbitant high and unrealistic", what do do think I would answer?
250M 350M both figures based on our annual payments
to eu, the higher figure was reduced to the lower figure after
UK twigged we were being ripped off by EU and it was
reduced overnight after Thatcher created a scene in Brussels!
A sure sign of a rip off discovery!
Our present payments also do not reflect what BENIFITS we
get from EU when compared to France and Germany!

Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 03:37 PM

The NHS still got 40 million + more than our net figure.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
It never mattered what he said.

We should never have been taken into the EU in the first place and it is imperative that we get out now to avoid being part of the emerging totalitarian Orwellian nightmare.

The bus nonsense is a distraction.

We have to rid ourselve of the EU dictatorship and become a free nation again. Then we have to put on trial all those who sold us down the river. And then properly encode the UK Constitution so that no politician can ever again sell the country and its people down the river to a foreign power.

No deal is categorically the only way we are ever going to leave.

We have to find someone willing to get that done amongst a government infested with EU stooges.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

We should never have been taken into the EU in the first place and it is imperative that we get out now to avoid being part of the emerging totalitarian Orwellian nightmare.

The bus nonsense is a distraction.

We have to rid ourselve of the EU dictatorship and become a free nation again. Then we have to put on trial all those who sold us down the river. And then properly encode the UK Constitution so that no politician can ever again sell the country and its people down the river to a foreign power.

We have to find someone willing to get that done amongst a government infested with EU stooges.

Brilliant ^^^
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

I kind of pity boris. He is being set up by the tories to be finished off in brussels. Why don't the conservatives do their own dirty work if they want to get rid of him?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

19-06-2019, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I kind of pity boris. He is being set up by the tories to be finished off in brussels. Why don't the conservatives do their own dirty work if they want to get rid of him?

I think you will find the biggest national party in the European Parliament, headed up by Nigel Farage will be supporting him if he plays his cards right.

Denmark look like they will be next to leave ... then Italy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 07:21 PM

Hi

Boris has promised to leave on 31st October and negotiate a new deal by then, one which is in our favour.

If he cannot do this he will leave with No Deal, not pay the EU and still have a Transition Period.

I simply cannot see how he can do this.

I think he will say anything to get to be PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top