Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 03:34 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
He looks much older than that now!
He sure does Gummy, he’s older than I am now, he should be sued for false advertising using that poster, younger folks will probably think that’s what they’ll see when they go in, instead of seeing a withered old pensioner with make up and a guitar, honest to God, some of these old geezers just can’t let go, I mean it’s not that he needs the few bob.
Some may accuse me of being jealous, not a bit of it I would never begrudge a fella trying to make a quid or two, but I never liked McCartney, loved the other three, he always thought HE was the Beatles, him and his silly little love songs, Lennon was the Beatles and they all went to pot when he fecked off with Yoko Ono.
Mind you I’m only saying this because I don’t like the fella, to the millions who love him I say good luck to them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 03:56 PM

Yes, I read somewhere the conversation went (Ringo) "hey Paul man, you heard Johns hooked up with Yoko", (Paul) "is that so Ringo, Oh No.".
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 06:24 PM

You wouldn’t get Willie Nelson trying to con the public like that, good old Willie is a ‘You get what you see man’ He was born old, he just sticks his thumb and forefinger over his nose and sings “Maybe I Should have loved you” Gee whiz, what a guy.

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Pug how are you mate, I have a question to keep that well nourished brain of yours busy.
I watched a film last night and someone said that if moths always make for the lights in a house, how come they don't come out in the daytime when it's light all day?
Jem,m'main man!

I do aologise for this somewhat tardy reply...one's been kept rather busy of late.
Anyway...the reason MOST [not all] lepidopterans-butterflies tend to prefer daylight] are active at night,is a simple one,mate-predators. Yes,there are owls,bats and several mammals who are active at night and feed on moths,but by a HUGE percentage,moths diminish the chance of being eaten alive merely by becoming nocturnal.
Also-and rather obviously-the competition for food,particularly rotten/rotting food,is also hugely diminished. Now,most people choose to believe moffs are attracted by lights...but in truth,most species of moth use cosmic,rather than photo-axial light,to navigate. Ergo,the Moon is their datum-point regarding navigation. However,this isn't as 2nd-rate as it at first seems,because many species of moth can actually 'jam' the sonar of bats,thus reducing even further,the chance of becoming a bat's main course. So,moths,although using mainly sonar and moonlight,do actually use any point of bright light as a helpful point of navigation,although their circadian light-rhythm will often cause them to become inactive [or even fall asleep] if that point of light is overly bright.
umm...I bet I just made EVERY reader of this page yawn,Jem!...& it's all YOUR fault! [flounces off huffily]
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 01:00 AM

Just arrived home!
Firstly, my lot said the concert was fantastic. Secondly Ringo Starr played drums, and a surprise for Paul, Ronnie Wood was on stage playing guitar.
I am sure I can fetch some videos for you
I know my son posted several on his Facebook. X
Anyway I am tired.
Good Night Possums. X
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

18-12-2018, 10:50 AM

Most educational Pug, and thanks, you are a pillar of knowledge and always pleased to share it out, a fine quality in a person.

Nice to see your back Sweetie, now turn around and lets see your front. (Tommy Cooper is to blame for that one)
I'm delighted the family enjoyed the concert, don't mind me slagging McCartney.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

18-12-2018, 10:58 AM

The wife is watching Jeremy Kyle now, what she sees in this trash is beyond me, how can people make a holy show of themselves like that???
Anyway she can have it, I’m off to town now to pick up a surprise Christmas present for her, a most unusual one, hope she likes it.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 02:33 PM

Aww Pugsy. X
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

18-12-2018, 08:52 PM

He'll love that Sweetie.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

18-12-2018, 08:57 PM

Funny how Boys have always loved scaring the hell out of the Girls isn’t it, although there were some Girls who scared the hell out of me I can tell ya , but I’ll save that for another day.
When my Son was about 8 he brought in a dead field mouse from the garden, he held it up by it’s tail and started chasing his Sister all around the house with it, frightening the life out of her. Later that night I scribbled this and let him read it, he never brought in another dead mouse, would you believe he’s in his 50’s now and still remembers it word for word.

Mister Cronkill knew not his fate
The day a dead mouse he ate
An out-of-work Ironmonger
He did it to stave off his hunger.

He breathed deeply and lay back in his chair
Then picked from his mouth the very last hair
His eyes got heavy and sleep was his intent
And into slumberland he made his descent.

His mind was at rest in a sleepy wonderland
When he felt a sharp scratching upon his hand
An enormous mouse stared up to greet
“Now Mister Cronkill, I thee will eat”

I had actually known a Peter Cronkill at that time, sadly he died in his thirties. I thought it a very unusual name, he lived in a tiny tenement room in town and used to work at a wrought iron foundry making gates, fences, and ornamental surrounds for graves. the place closed down and he never worked again, soon after that his wife left him, ran off with an Argentine sailor who had jumped ship in Dublin Port, she was never heard of again. Peter took to the drink heavily and every penny he got went on it. Food was never a priority with him and I remember him telling us in the pub one day that he would make up a big pot of stew on a Monday and it would last him for the whole week reheating it every day, poor fella, I believe he was under 6 stone weight when he died, God rest his soul.
At this time of year I always think of the poor unfortunates who live in dirty damp hovels or on the streets, it’s easy for some to say it’s their own fault but behind each face there’s always a deep sad story as to how they ended up as they are, besides it’s not for us to judge them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top