Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:27 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Thanks Pug, so it makes no difference the higher I am in the house the air is no fresher when I open a window.
Didn’t know that about the wifi going out the window, it makes sense when you think about it, there’s a lot of out there out there, in fact there’s more out there than there is in here, isn’t there?
Yes,it's true,Jem.

Wifi is a radio signal-and ergo,it takes the path of least resistance. So if you place your router against a solid wall [as opposed to those thin chipboard jokes in modern houses] it causes the signal to 'bounce' back through your house,mate.
Wifi signals follow the 'inverse square' law...meaning that if you double the distance,you receive QUARTER the signal strength. So ensuring your full signal is 'bounced' iNTO your home is a good idea. It's a truth,that a wifi signal has the same wavelength as Standard Cosmic Background Radiation-so a wifi signal is no more-and no less- dangerous than starlight.
It's also a very little-known truth,that just one 20 minute call on a mobile 'phone,equates to a YEAR of exposure to a wifi router + laptop. So,as you can see...not too much to fear. However-if you want to find out if your microwave oven is safe-place your mobile inside,shut the door...then ring it. If it picks up the call,your microwave oven is leaking radiation each time you turn it on. If it weren't,the mobile would remain silent,unable to get a signal. Ok,sounds silly...but it's all true.
We actually repeated andthen duplicated these tests at the uni,so the students could discover for themselves a few 'home truths'.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:46 PM

Wow Pugsy, I learn so much from you. xxx
You missed my picxxxx
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 11:40 PM

I never leave my Plunge router by the window, in might get "Knicked".
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

19-01-2019, 01:12 AM

Is it bedtime Possums???

Good Night. x
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

19-01-2019, 01:49 PM

Looks like Scribbles has dissolved?????
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 03:19 PM

Hello,you!

I just looked back and found that picture.

Awww...a Pug-Hug. Ok,peeps..form an orderly queue!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

19-01-2019, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Hello,you!

I just looked back and found that picture.

Awww...a Pug-Hug. Ok,peeps..form an orderly queue!
ME first. xxxx
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

19-01-2019, 03:32 PM

Oh,THAT'S why you're known as 'Sweetie'!

Ok,milady-if you'd like to step through here and just divest yourself of your garments......[the rest of you,kindly don't wee in the corners!]
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 04:22 PM

Dissolved? Nay Sweetie, Jelly dissolves in hot water, which reminds me to tell the wife not to forget my lemon jelly trifle for dessert this evening, yum yum.
As I said these two depressing months are not good for anyone’s moral, what with politicians who haven’t a clue how to do their jobs and no getting away from the dreaded “Brexit” word whether it involves you or not, it’s enough to make you want to shoot yerself.
But the months will soon pass and Spring will burst out all over, joy and mirth shall fill the land, sheep a lambing, cows a leaping merrily across the dew topped meadows, Gumbuds will appear on bushes and hedgerows throughout the countryside, Spitty’s office will be ready for that glorious opening, RJ will post his new compositions, Pug shall sooth us all with twangy sounds, the sick shall be healed and the lame shall walk again, praise the Lord.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top