Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 09:28 PM

Re: They Have a Valid Point.

This particular case is a little more farcical than the usual cases.

The bakers are been sued for refusing to ice particular wordage and a logo on a cake supporting gay marriage (they did not refuse to bake a cake for a gay, just the wording) ...
now sued by the Equality Commission, a state funded body .. in a country where same-sex marriage is still illegal.

Where the cake was not for a marriage anyway ... but for a
civic event in Bangor Castle Town Hall, County Down, to mark International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia.

Meanwhile .. as of Dec 2015 the Northern Ireland government themselves are in the middle of a court case.
Two gay couples are challenging their ban on same sex marriage.

At it's most basic level ... one could ask, in a country where same-sex marriage is still illegal why should anyone refusing to promote it be breaking any law?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 10:45 PM

I'm with you Alan 100% A heterosexual couple have just been refused permission to form a civil partnership but Gay people are allowed to marry. What the hell is going on in this world. I would go out of my way to buy produce from the bakers in question in order to support their cause, in fact, if they lived in England I would advertise their business for free. It's about time common sense prevailed.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 10:57 PM

I would have baked the cake, then left it out, in the Rain.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I would have baked the cake, then left it out, in the Rain.
I never understood that stupid song.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 01:43 AM

Aw, Jem, but it took so long to bake it and I'll never have that recipe again!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Gareth Lee, the gay rights activist whose order was declined, is the one who has brought the bakers to court - where's his "tolerance and forgiveness" .....

I guess "tolerance and forgiveness" just aren't on his agenda .....
I do agree Omah, we should all practice a little more of it...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Tittle tattle over cakes and what to put on them, with lent coming up where do we stand with 'Hot CROSS Buns'?, where will it all end I ask meself.
I agree, I insist that my buns be of a cool, even tempered disposition.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Aw, Jem, but it took so long to bake it and I'll never have that recipe again!
Oh No!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 12:31 PM

Hi

Why are we surprised by this?

It is just yet another special interest group using laws designed to promote equality for all to promote their own agenda.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why are we surprised by this?

It is just yet another special interest group using laws designed to promote equality for all to promote their own agenda.

Was that a Typo Swim?
Did you mean 'to promote their own Gender'?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top