Join for free
Page 11 of 32 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 09:48 AM

Re: Flu jabs

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Reason many of us won't get into discussion about it is we see the jabs working, you can warn as much as you like but colds are less severe, no chest infections, no breathing problems in the cold. If it causes me to die a couple of years early it's worth it for the added good feeling now.
sorry Julie but I disagree that "we" see the jabs working ..I dont see this at all.
I wont be having the flu jab either now or in the foreseeable future ,its a waste of time ..my opinion ofc
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
sorry Julie but I disagree that "we" see the jabs working ..I dont see this at all.
I wont be having the flu jab either now or in the foreseeable future ,its a waste of time ..my opinion ofc
We as in those of us happily having them obviously not those who don't I thought. Sorry if it wasn't clear.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We as in those of us happily having them obviously not those who don't I thought. Sorry if it wasn't clear.
Ahh sorry Julie ....I see now
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 10:32 AM

Hi

I am from Yorkshire, if it's free I am having it whether I need it or not.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am from Yorkshire, if it's free I am having it whether I need it or not.
I tend to agree, but I'd be more likely to take it and sell it to someone else!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My husband and I had our yearly flu jabs this morning, it seems a worthwhile thing to do.

Have other posters had theirs?
No - I don't do 'flu jabs.

I haven't had a cold for over 30 years and have never had 'flu.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No - I don't do 'flu jabs.

I haven't had a cold for over 30 years and have never had 'flu.
You're lucky, being a woman. If you'd ever had man-flu you'd know about it.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That would explain my GP surgery's eagerness in encouraging me to have one!
Same here, I turned it down last year (didn't think I qualified in any case) but this year they were quite insistent so they stuck the needle in on Saturday. No ill effects to speak of.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Aysa, I would never try to convince people that they should have the flu job, because it is their personal choice, but I don't understand how you would like to see jabs working before you have one.
As a child I had small pox, polio,and diphtheria jabs. I have no idea if I ever came into contact with these diseases, so cannot prove they worked, but my parents believed they were looking after my health and I am always glad that I had them. The risk of getting these awful diseases was never worth taking
The only way to prove that a flu jab doesn't work, for you, is if you get a severe case of flu and they can show, from testing, that it is one of the strains they have included in the jab you had.
I always think that, even if it is a waste of time, I would prefer to have it and avoid the risk, because "real flu" can actually kill people with poor heath conditions. If anybody had actually proved that the flu jab doesn't work, it would be printed in all of the newspapers.
Many people are afraid of injections, but I suspect we would all need more than one jab if we came down with Flu in an epidemic!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 11:52 AM

As I have already said, I have had the flu jab because it was free.
I have just got home from having the anti shingles jab, also free.
But now I will have to go and have a blood test within the next couple of days.
Me thinks that they put stuff into me, and now they want to take stuff out.

Page 11 of 32 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top