Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2013, 01:03 PM

Re: A runner's life

Don't eat it then! Simples! At least it's horrid, ice cream upsets me, I miss it! Were you constipated?
That thread reminds me of a joke on "Biltong & Potroast" it's too long to write but ends up with a hotel manager saying "Don't worry Sir, it's ok., but next time you sh*t yourself, stand in one place!"
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 03:32 PM

Yuk...
Worth thinking about MJK

http://www.allaboutincontinence.co.u...nence-products
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 04:06 PM

How kind to make the recommendation Meg - but (and I always have a but) are they good enough to stop the chaffing when he runs Meg? and they would have to be good enough to stop the smells let alone the funny looks and the flies he might attract at the end of his run - although I suppose he will say that there's no flies on him.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Well that was eventful. Been piling on the unrefined oat bran on me muesli lately. Overdid it again by the looks of it. Toilet before a 10-12 mile run to Porthcawl sea front from home; toilet stop at the Pavilion (Porthcawl sea front) where I dropped my guts to put it politely - kinda; again just past the Golf Club on the way home - leaf jobbie; and again when I got home - 4 times! I had to look at the last incase I had crapped out my intestines as I couldn't figure out where it was all coming from ! Must have dropped half a stone at least with just gut stuff. The human body is a weird and incredible collection of bits that is for sure .

Well I wasnt expecting that for sure>lol
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 04:36 PM

Thanks for the recommendation Meg .

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
How kind to make the recommendation Meg - but (and I always have a but) are they good enough to stop the chaffing when he runs Meg? and they would have to be good enough to stop the smells let alone the funny looks and the flies he might attract at the end of his run - although I suppose he will say that there's no flies on him.
Chaffing could well be a problem but Vaseline would help there. Flies might also be a problem but I think the pants would stop smells and such from escaping as they are designed with that in mind - I think.

What concerns me more though would be 'squelching'. Squelching would definitely play a part I think. If the squelching had a rhythmic beat to it though I could probably use that to build up to a speed where I could perhaps sing along to it. I mean there are army training songs that require a bit of a beat. Could be quite a training aid come to think of it.

Army song with squelch beat added:

Well, I don't know (squelch)
But I've been told (squelch)

and so on.

What you think? Could work.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 05:15 PM

Not convinced singing will help here - you will probably still be running all on your own - Hey what about squelching along to Iron Maiden - The loneliness of the long distance runner - still if it helps you I'll add a couple of lines to your little ditty :-

Army song with squelch beat added:

Well, I don't know (squelch)
But I've been told (squelch)

I've gotta be brave (squelch)
and I'd better be bold (squelch)
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 05:28 PM

I will have to run tests. Another heavy dose of unrefined oat bran and go from there. I need to eat the right amount else the squelching could lack volume or at the other end of the scale emanate all around and draw too much attention.

Have to be scientific about this and catalogue my findings. Will tape the different sounds with different doses too to see if there is a future for this or not. Never know it might catch on.

I can see from the previous post that plenty of tunes are available for squelchifying (new word ).
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

03-06-2013, 07:53 PM

That's the idea MKJ - an enquiring mind along with a scientific and analytical quest for the facts. Combine these assets with the blythe but persistent optimism of a man on a mission - how can you possibly go wrong?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 08:18 PM

Test #1 (control) no bran
Test #2 bran
Test #3 bran + liquid paraffin
Test #4 bran + liquid paraffin + prunes
Test #5 bran + liquid paraffin + prunes + glycerin suppository
Clothing required for all tests: jogging bottoms with elasticated bottoms
Equipment: stop watch + garden hose + blanket
Off you go then!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2013, 08:28 PM

OH my Twizzard !!!! - I think you must be some sort of a sadist - what's betting he never get to No5 - I think it would be interesting to observe and take notes though. Just let me get a safe enough distance from any "fallout" and out of his way before he goes beyond the point of no return.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top