Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 05:00 PM

Re: 3.7 Million Householders Will Now Have to Pay for over 75's Television Licence!

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Why are those pensioners who are entitled to Pension Credit vilified by those who are not as if they've done something untoward to be in receipt of it ?
I get off my private pension £200 a month.

My State Pension is £540 a month.

I get no Pension Credit because I have Savings of over £22k

So I will have to pay for the Licence.

But I wont.

Have no TV but have a VPN so shall watch the BBC on the internet and they can go do one
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 05:16 PM

Re: 3.7 Million Householders Will Now Have to Pay for over 75's Television Licence!

To be honest, I blame the government. The BBC have made this cynical move to force the hand of the incoming Prime Minister. That idiot George Osborne is to blame by cutting government funding of the free licence fee and plonked it on the BBC, who now have free reign to abolish same.

This government vowed in 2017 to ensure free TV licences for the over 75's would remain. They had better ensure that there is a turnaround by the BBC, or else. Especially whilst Boris is bragging about cutting taxes for the rich!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I don't think any poster meant insult to pensioners on Pension Credit, Zuleika. It was rather aimed at another poster whose post sounded rather smug as they would not be effected.
Thank goodness the BBC have chosen to allow those on Pension Credit to continue with free licence. But it is true that the more well off don't mind so much because they can well afford to pay it, those on Pension Credit will not have to worry either, but it always seems to be the pensioner who is struggling everyday to get by and not claiming Pension Credit, that end's up being the convenient patsy for organisations to punish, as they know that particular group has no-one fighting their corner and are therefore easy fodder to milk more money out of.

(At least that is my impression of what the poster meant.)
Spot on Shrops. Thank you.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I don't think any poster meant insult to pensioners on Pension Credit, Zuleika. It was rather aimed at another poster whose post sounded rather smug as they would not be effected.
Thank goodness the BBC have chosen to allow those on Pension Credit to continue with free licence. But it is true that the more well off don't mind so much because they can well afford to pay it, those on Pension Credit will not have to worry either, but it always seems to be the pensioner who is struggling everyday to get by and not claiming Pension Credit, that end's up being the convenient patsy for organisations to punish, as they know that particular group has no-one fighting their corner and are therefore easy fodder to milk more money out of.

(At least that is my impression of what the poster meant.)
Shropshiregirl ,no offence intended here but please tell me who these pensioners are who you say are struggling to get by and not claiming Pension Credit ?
They must be above the level of income set down or/ and have savings so far as I see it .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 06:20 PM

Shropshiregirl ,no offence intended here but please tell me who these pensioners are who you say are struggling to get by and not claiming Pension Credit ?
They must be above the level of income set down or/ and have savings so far as I see it .
All I get is the pension for oldies, state one. I also get a small amount from my late OH's pension, I also have savings in Premium bonds so no way am I exempt, but my Son who lives here with me in my house will pay half the amount so that way I can afford it.
It was nice not to have to fork out for it for the last 2 years though.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 06:33 PM

Thanks Tiffany , your income total must come above the level set down for a single person for you not to be eligible for Pension Credit ?
Would you say you'd actually be struggling though if your son didn't live with you ?
I suppose we all have different ideas on what struggling amounts to ?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 06:36 PM

Thanks Tiffany , your income total must come above the level set down for a single person for you not to be eligible for Pension Credit ?
Would you say you'd actually be struggling though if your son didn't live with you ?
I suppose we all have different ideas on what struggling amounts to ?
No I don't think I'd struggle, as I have those savings, they would be eaten away, but both my kids wouldn't mind.
Zuleika
North West UK

10-06-2019, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
No I don't think I'd struggle, as I have those savings, they would be eaten away, but both my kids wouldn't mind.
It's very nasty to give something then take it back isn't it ? The phrase " gypsy givers " is a term to fit that !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 07:26 PM

Zuleika, The reason that some of us who are struggling on just state pensions and don’t get pension credit, is because we own our own houses and have to keep money by to pay for major repairs to our homes or, when things go wrong.
We don’t have the cushion of the council or social housing organisations to do the major repairs on our home, like people who rent do.

Please UJ, refrain from crowing about all the freebies you get, it is in bad taste.
Zuleika
North West UK

10-06-2019, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Zuleika, The reason that some of us who are struggling on just state pensions and don’t get pension credit, is because we own our own houses and have to keep money by to pay for major repairs to our homes or, when things go wrong.
We don’t have the cushion of the council or social housing organisations to do the major repairs on our home, like people who rent do
The very reason I sold up after divorce over thirty years ago Art.
Maintaining property is a costly business .

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top