Join for free
Page 22 of 46 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 12:22 AM

Re: Kenneth Noye

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Do you dispute the rate comparison?
Unless you provide a source yes .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Got me there Joe! I distinctly remember back in the 60's, the saying "Life will mean Life" though when Capital punishment was put forward, it seemed every MP was uttering those words. I know the last hanging was in 1964 with Ruth Ellis, but believe Capital punishment wasn't actually finally abolished until the 90's?

Now it seems to be a Life sentence is 25 years. If someone kills more than one person, they can get two consecutive life sentences which is 50 years, appeal on one of the killings, get the sentence for one of the murders knocked off their sentence and they are free on the streets after serving just 25 years (with probably more time taken off for good behaviour) this, after committing two murders.

Surely this cannot be right. Just what is a valuable life worth these days? Not a life sentence as one would imagine is deserving.

Not correct there either darlin' - a bone of contention I have with the judiciary - If a person commits more than one crime and is sentenced for both, they serve their sentence CONCURRENTLY as opposed to CONSECUTIVELY.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 08:26 AM

It seems so recent that he commited these crimes...I know it isn't and he has served his time bit it seems so unfair...

I read that he still owns a luxury villa in Spain so he will probably go live there....it's heart breaking for the victims families.

Not a man to mess with though I wouldn't want him for a neighbour.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
It seems so recent that he commited these crimes...I know it isn't and he has served his time bit it seems so unfair...

I read that he still owns a luxury villa in Spain so he will probably go live there....it's heart breaking for the victims families.

Not a man to mess with though I wouldn't want him for a neighbour.
How can he go to live there ? Do you suppose “ under licence” means he can get a passport and travel?
Latest https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-noye-16483603
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
How can he go to live there ? Do you suppose “ under licence” means he can get a passport and travel?
I don't know Zuleika....it might be possible whilst we are in the EU but not sure after that?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Not correct there either darlin' - a bone of contention I have with the judiciary - If a person commits more than one crime and is sentenced for both, they serve their sentence CONCURRENTLY as opposed to CONSECUTIVELY.
That's down to the Judge
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->

Depends what the terms of the Licence are and how its implemented.

My Gut felling he will be denied a Passport and not aloud to leave the country.

And Think Spain will ban him anyway
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Depends what the terms of the Licence are and how its implemented.

My Gut felling he will be denied a Passport and not aloud to leave the country.

And Think Spain will ban him anyway
The link I posted today said he has been told he will not be allowed to leave the country and will have to live under supervision .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Unless you provide a source yes .
Yet you dispute it with absolutely NO basis for doing so?

Anyway:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

That negate your negativity??
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 07:19 PM

i have already looked at this myself .
I don't think it's accurate .
I don't know but I'm not convinced

There are two facts I do know

A large percentage of murderers dp go on to kill again

Therefore CP stops murders because the offender never reoffends

Page 22 of 46 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top