Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 11:58 AM

Re: David McGreavy

Originally Posted by galty ->
Just Googled him.

And got two surprises.

First he only got a 20 year tariff.

The second which is more interesting, He has been In prison for nearly 50 years so looks like he was too dangerous to be released after 20 years.

So why now?
Good question
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 12:35 PM

Just Googled him.

And got two surprises.

First he only got a 20 year tariff.

The second which is more interesting, He has been In prison for nearly 50 years so looks like he was too dangerous to be released after 20 years.

So why now?
I am sure nobody would admit it galty, but he was held as a vulnerable prisoner because many other prisoners gave him a very hard time and this would have meant additional cost.
Apparently he never showed any regret for what he had done, and even hard prisoners would kill somebody, like this, that harmed children.
He probably spent a lot of time alone & I expect he had a miserable time..... but the protection would have also increased the cost of looking after him.
It will have already cost the country around 2.5 million to keep him in prison & Brexit could mean a few lean years...so I would expect they have decided to release long term prisoners who have shown signs of improvement.
That won't please the people he has to live among though, and I don't blame them!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am sure nobody would admit it galty, but he was held as a vulnerable prisoner because many other prisoners gave him a very hard time and this would have meant additional cost.
Apparently he never showed any regret for what he had done, and even hard prisoners would kill somebody, like this, that harmed children.
He probably spent a lot of time alone & I expect he had a miserable time..... but the protection would have also increased the cost of looking after him.
It will have already cost the country around 2.5 million to keep him in prison & Brexit could mean a few lean years...so I would expect they have decided to release long term prisoners who have shown signs of improvement.
That won't please the people he has to live among though, and I don't blame them!
Apparently ? So you have no real confirmation about whether he showed any regret ?
Gossip mongers read too much into what the media spouts in my opinion .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Apparently ? So you have no real confirmation about whether he showed any regret ?
That is exactly why I said apparently, because how can any of us know anything about this, unless we read it on the internet.

If you don't agree with what I said please explain why.... if you have facts.
If not, I would suggest that name calling just makes you look like you are trying to cause trouble in the thread
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 01:22 PM

Precisely who have I name called in the thread ?

I don’t have any facts about DG’s attitude towards his crime while in prison which is why I mentioned gossipmongers .
These are people who read too much into media spread stories without foundation and go about spreading them .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
He would have been a Cat A when he went to prison as Noye was and not mix with other prisoners.

Does not answer my point is way he did an extra 27 years.

Would tend to think he is still a danger.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 01:30 PM

Think we have.

If he had shown regret he would have been released 27 years ago.
Zuleika
North West UK

12-06-2019, 01:33 PM

He would have been a Cat A when he went to prison as Noye was and not mix with other prisoners.

Does not answer my point is way he did an extra 27 years.

Would tend to think he is still a danger.
Here again ...guesswork ......both on why he did extra years and about his present state .
See how the media by going to interview the children’s mother has propelled this “ fear” about him still being a danger into the limelight on which you’ve probably based your opinion ,because there are no real facts available .
Zuleika
North West UK

12-06-2019, 01:35 PM

Think we have.

If he had shown regret he would have been released 27 years ago.
You don’t consider he might have had “issues “ that rendered him unsuitable at the time ?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 01:43 PM

Do you think this man is going to be wandering the streets of Anytown ,Anycounty looking for children to kill and before you jump on me I’m not defending him or the parole board . He pleaded guilty and gave the reason he killed ? He wasn’t out seeking them ?

The man’s been locked away for 40 yrs ,how is he going to even begin to adjust to the outside world ? The answer to that will be as outlined in the parole release terms and not wandering the streets .

HOW IS HE GOING TO EVEN BEGIN TO ADJUST TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD?
With respect zuleika, this sub-human should not even be given the opportunity to become adjusted to the outside world!

If ever there was a case for one deserving to be hung by the neck until dead, it's this subhuman.
He gave up the right to ever walk the streets again as in every decent-minded person must believe, when we learned the horrific details of what he did to those three innocent tiny tots. It defies belief that whether it was 20, 40 or even 50 years, the mindset of a creature of this world ever carrying out such an evil deed should never ever be allowed walk the same pavements as others again.. He should be incarcerated until he dies.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top