Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 01:45 PM

Re: David McGreavy

Was he not given 20yrs per child? That would be 60 in total - so he is out early.

He should have been put in the stocks outside the prison - with a notice stating his crimes! He would not have lasted 20 mins never mind 20 years!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
You don’t consider he might have had “issues “ that rendered him unsuitable at the time ?
Of course he had issues.

If you go before panel you have to show....

Remorse.

You have to taking all the rehabilitation courses over the years and have been assess on them.

The Prison Governor has to remove him from being Cat A when he thinks he might be a less of a danger and danger from other prisoners.

Think 27 years over his tariff yes he has issues and would still think still has.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 01:59 PM

And what will be the stock reply from the parole board should this sub-human commit further murder?

"Lessons will have been learned".
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Of course he had issues.

If you go before panel you have to show....

Remorse.

You have to taking all the rehabilitation courses over the years and have been assess on them.

The Prison Governor has to remove him from being Cat A when he thinks he might be a less of a danger and danger from other prisoners.

Think 27 years over his tariff yes he has issues and would still think still has.
So what’s the answer ?
He’s out!
Do you think there ought to be a return to capital punishment for the reason people like him ought not to be allowed to live , as some say ?
Or maybe capital punishment as a reason to save money keeping people like him alive as some say ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 03:46 PM

We are all entitled to our beliefs on capital punishment, just as we all had our own opinions in Brexit.

If we had a referendum on capital punishment we would all have to accept the democratic vote results, just as we did with Brexit.

My point is, there is no use arguing about it & trying to make the opposing people feel wrong, because we all have our own valid reasons, whichever way we vote. Unfortunately that is unlikely to happen, but that doesn't mean we can't support the idea & hope that the government will agree to it one day!
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 03:58 PM

No chance he will turn up on her doorstep.

Setting out the conditions for his release, the Minister for Justice, Rory Stewart, in a letter to Walker said: ‘Mr McGreavy will be subject to a robust risk management plan under the supervision of the NPS (National Probation Service). ‘I can confirm that he has an exclusion zone of Andover in Hampshire, and parts of Worcester. ‘Mr McGreavy will on release be required to wear an electronic GPS tag, using satellite tracking technology, to monitor whether he breaches the exclusion zones. ‘If he does breach the exclusion zone, the monitoring system will immediately flag this to the supervision team, thereby ensuring that immediate consideration can be given to a recall to prison
I know about the conditions of his release as I mentioned I watched a local tv news prog .

However it doesn’t stop the mothers torture .
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
We are all entitled to our beliefs on capital punishment, just as we all had our own opinions in Brexit.

If we had a referendum on capital punishment we would all have to accept the democratic vote results, just as we did with Brexit.

My point is, there is no use arguing about it & trying to make the opposing people feel wrong, because we all have our own valid reasons, whichever way we vote. Unfortunately that is unlikely to happen, but that doesn't mean we can't support the idea & hope that the government will agree to it one day!
Excellent post Twink
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Thing is were his actions of a sane person? I would say no.

That being so would it be right to kill a mentally ill person because of his illness.? Here again I would say no. Secure accomadation for life but without a punishment regime yes, but to kill someone who is ill? Nah. That wouldn't be justice, that would be revenge on someone who was a mental cripple.
Hi

My experience of life.

Some are not mentally ill , they just have different morals to the majority.

Life means life, be it in a secure hospital unit or Prison.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 04:38 PM

So what’s the answer ?
He’s out!
Do you think there ought to be a return to capital punishment for the reason people like him ought not to be allowed to live , as some say ?
Or maybe capital punishment as a reason to save money keeping people like him alive as some say ?
Yes, I most certainly do in a case where he was found guilty. He is definitely someone who should have felt the hangman's noose around his neck!

Three tiny innocent lives snuffed out at his vile hands. Why should a specimen like that be allowed the luxury of being able to live after committing such a heinous crime.

My concern is solely with those children's poor heartbroken mother, who must be defeated, knowing he is even walking the streets after serving a few pathetic years for each murder of a child. That's not justice served.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes, I most certainly do in a case where he was found guilty. He is definitely someone who should have felt the hangman's noose around his neck!

Three tiny innocent lives snuffed out at his vile hands. Why should a specimen like that be allowed the luxury of being able to live after committing such a heinous crime.

My concern is solely with those children's poor heartbroken mother, who must be defeated, knowing he is even walking the streets after serving a few pathetic years for each murder of a child. That's not justice served.
Hear, Hear.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top