Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 05:58 PM

Re: David McGreavy

Well said Twink and Shrops.

I for one don't understand this rather sniffy attitude to saving money .

Yes I do want to save money .

Money spent keeping these evil people alive is money wasted indeed is immoral .

It could be spent on far better causes ( almost anything is better than keeping men like this alive )

IMO It is even more immoral that the famillies of the victims have to pay through their taxes for the upkeep of them .

So that a few can feel sanctimonious about CP .

Humbug !
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
He should have been put in the stocks outside the prison - with a notice stating his crimes! He would not have lasted 20 mins never mind 20 years!
Now that's more like it, but I'd prefer to use a pillory .....

galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
So what’s the answer ?
He’s out!
Do you think there ought to be a return to capital punishment for the reason people like him ought not to be allowed to live , as some say ?
Or maybe capital punishment as a reason to save money keeping people like him alive as some say ?
Yes he's out

My posts have never been about Capital punishment one way or the other

Will try to make my point again.

He got a tariff of 20 years.

He then could have apply for parole.... but if he did it was then refused

He served another 27 years.

That means two things.

First he never applied for parole and was happy to stay in prison.

Second the parole board thought he was too dangerous to be released in those 27 years.

I have no data on how many times he applied for parole(If he did)
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
We are all entitled to our beliefs on capital punishment, just as we all had our own opinions in Brexit.

If we had a referendum on capital punishment we would all have to accept the democratic vote results, just as we did with Brexit.

My point is, there is no use arguing about it & trying grto make the opposing people feel wrong, because we all have our own valid reasons, whichever way we vote. Unfortunately that is unlikely to happen, but that doesn't mean we can't support the idea & hope that the government will agree to it one day!
Are you not and were you not yesterday trying to make me and was it Pauline in the Noye thread feel wrong because our opinions didn’t sit well with you?
If you are so very much for CP to become reinstated isn’t your MP the one to voice your opinion to ?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Yes he's out

My posts have never been about Capital punishment one way or the other

Will try to make my point again.

He got a tariff of 20 years.

He then could have apply for parole.... but if he did it was then refused

He served another 27 years.

That means two things.

First he never applied for parole and was happy to stay in prison.

Second the parole board thought he was too dangerous to be released in those 27 years.

I have no data on how many times he applied for parole(If he did)
Here’s an old article containing a few facts about him and the parole board .https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/...mcgreavy-named
I can only say what I think which is that in a few moments of complete insanity he killed the children whom he had “minded” on previous occasions .
While he wasn’t considered to have diminished responsibility ,and to plead guilty with no defence except one child wouldn’t stop crying, it doesn’t look like it was premeditated ?
It was a horrific act which no right minded person can condone .
I don’t understand anymore than anyone else why he has been released .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Here’s an old article containing a few facts about him and the parole board .https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/...mcgreavy-named
I can only say what I think which is that in a few moments of complete insanity he killed the children whom he had “minded” on previous occasions .
While he wasn’t considered to have diminished responsibility ,and to plead guilty with no defence except one child wouldn’t stop crying, it doesn’t look like it was premeditated ?
It was a horrific act which no right minded person can condone .
I don’t understand anymore than anyone else why he has been released .
Thanks for the link was Interesting.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by zuleika ->
wiki tells us
“mcgreavey was sentenced to multiple life terms with minimums of 20 years. In prison he has been subjected to frequent abuse by other prisoners and has spent most of his 40 years behind bars in protected conditions. He is reported to have successfully adjusted, accepted rehabilitation and engaged in painting”

i gather he ,known to be a heavy drinker with a violent temper, pleaded guilty to the murders .

In the future maybe even the likes of huntley will be released ?
I think the only way around this is to change the law so that life actually does mean life .

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 09:31 PM

Precisely how do you rehabilitate a child murderer ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Now that's more like it, but I'd prefer to use a pillory .....

Love it, Omah !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Precisely how do you rehabilitate a child murderer ?
Shouldn't have to!

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top