Join for free
Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 07:02 PM

Re: Lining Up For The Race, We Have.....

Bye bye Rory.

Off you go to the back benches....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Yay!......

The secret Remainer is out.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48696619
Trouble is, there are other secret remainers still in the running!

From your link:

"Boris Johnson topped the vote again with 143 votes, 17 more than last time. Jeremy Hunt came second, with 54, narrowly ahead of Michael Gove with 51.
"Sajid Javid also made it into the next round with 38 votes, five more than in round two."

As can be seen, the non-Boris votes total exactly the same as Boris's votes!

I wonder what would happen if the final two contenders ended up with 143 votes.

Ah, I have it!

As for repeat referenda, we could see a second vote for PM and, of course, a third and a fourth and a fifth, etc., etc. until they vote to keep us in the EU with Compo as titular PM under the complete control of the EU!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 07:31 PM

Hi

That will not happen.

The last two are subject to a secret ballot of Conservative Party members.

That will be a simple first past the post.

I do not trust any of them.

I believe we need a complete change and get rid of both Conservative and Labour, both of which are self serving political elites who do not listen.

We voted out 3 years ago and they are still arguing amongst themselves.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 06:03 AM

On a recent program while talking about the British PM elections they played a series of TV tapes where the UK broadcasters accidentally renamed Jeremy Hunt - Jeremy C**t - not once but on many occasions.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
On a recent program while talking about the British PM elections they played a series of TV tapes where the UK broadcasters accidentally renamed Jeremy Hunt - Jeremy C**t - not once but on many occasions.

Cheap shot journalism from the caring left
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 12:53 PM

True to form, last night on "what the papers say" on BBC at 1040pm and 1130pm every night, they choose 7 paper headlines and show them on a revolving desk where the commentator and 2 invited guests (always either remain supporting or leftie journalists) discuss each paper's headline.

As the table turned and the Daily Mail headline came into view, BIASED BIGOTED CORPORATION - BBC - I looked forward with anticipation to them discussing the scandal about the "normal people" invited to solely attack Boris on the BBC Debate.

But guess what, when it came to the Mail's turn for it's headline to be discussed, They completely ignored it, skipped it completely as if it just wasn't showing on our television screen, and jumped to the next and final newspaper headline instead.

What a disgraceful organisation. And to think that we all pay a compulsory tax to watch this leftie-led channel who seem incapable of accepting any criticism of wrongdoing over bias. With the BBC, by totally ignoring the headline, it was a blatant way of saying, "We can't ignore showing the headline, but we don't have to discuss it at all".
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

20-06-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
True to form, last night on "what the papers say" on BBC at 1040pm and 1130pm every night, they choose 7 paper headlines and show them on a revolving desk where the commentator and 2 invited guests (always either remain supporting or leftie journalists) discuss each paper's headline.

As the table turned and the Daily Mail headline came into view, BIASED BIGOTED CORPORATION - BBC - I looked forward with anticipation to them discussing the scandal about the "normal people" invited to solely attack Boris on the BBC Debate.

But guess what, when it came to the Mail's turn for it's headline to be discussed, They completely ignored it, skipped it completely as if it just wasn't showing on our television screen, and jumped to the next and final newspaper headline instead.

What a disgraceful organisation. And to think that we all pay a compulsory tax to watch this leftie-led channel who seem incapable of accepting any criticism of wrongdoing over bias. With the BBC, by totally ignoring the headline, it was a blatant way of saying, "We can't ignore showing the headline, but we don't have to discuss it at all".

Typical arrogance of the BBC.

The state broadcaster who has spent the past 50 years or so protecting paedophiles, perverts and sex pests. I wonder what the BBC has done about the gender pay gap it got so wound up about earlier this year when the left were grandstanding about unfairness and inequality.... oh yeah, nothing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Perhaps they think we're all too stupid to realise.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 03:26 PM

Hi

I despair, I really do.

The only person I trust to take us out is Farage.

Our system excludes him, time to change it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-06-2019, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I despair, I really do.

The only person I trust to take us out is Farage.

Our system excludes him, time to change it.
I completely agree.

Whilst I would like to see Boris become the next PM, it doesn't mean that I trust him implicitly.

He may well do what he has said he'd do, and if so all well and good. However he may not and, more likely, he may have quite a job to get it through Parliament. At least half of his party want to keep us in the EU and, thanks to May, the government has a rather small working majority anyway.

If we are still in after the end of October, I'm sure the Conservatives will be toast and it's a possibility that a GE will be called.

In that case, our only hope is a large majority voting for the Brexit Party.

Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top