Join for free
Page 303 of 370 « First < 203 253 293 301 302 303 304 305 313 353 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 06:24 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

It seems that I have belonged to everyone but myself the last few days (which is fine), but I was finally able to break free for a lengthy run this morning. On the way out the door, I grabbed my leash - I mean iPhone - in case I was needed .

While Kansas is not known for being spectacular, this part of the country has it's own beauty and appeal; it is a tranquil place and time of year with the wheat fields ripening and the corn growing fast. I wanted to keep going, but at the 3.5 market, I turned back for fear of running into flying monkeys :

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 11:30 AM

Now you know why I go for my run early mornings Surfermom, before anyone wakes up and requires my assistance.....(DIY, Taxi, Shopping and banking!)

Some very nice photos there Surfermom, and not dissimilar to the landscape around here.....Except on a much larger scale. The same wild flowers, and even the crops in the fields could be in fields on my daily routes...Wheat and, is that sugar cane or maize? We tend to grow more Sugar Beet than cane, but there are plenty of fields of Maize reaching for the sky and giving the lane a totally different atmosphere while running past the towering stalks.....

This mornings five went by so quick I hardly remembered any of it, suffice to say I equalled the fastest time this year and was more than surprised when I stopped the watch. I left the house fifteen minutes late after a lazy Foxy slept in, and those fifteen minutes made quite a bit of difference to things I usually encounter on my run.

The traffic seemed so much heavier than normal, getting delayed twice while trying to cross the roads...So annoying! And a different crop of dog walkers...But it was nice to find the solitude of the long lane back home with just the sound of the soaring skylark for company....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 02:19 PM

Not happy today, many things getting me down at present but I'll leave it there.
I visited the gym but after half an hour I couldn't take anymore with thoughts on my mind and left.
Fed up with everything right now, but that's how it is.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Not happy today, many things getting me down at present but I'll leave it there.
I visited the gym but after half an hour I couldn't take anymore with thoughts on my mind and left.
Yep, I've had those days Floydy....Hang in there mate, tomorrow usually provides a solution....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yep, I've had those days Floydy....Hang in there mate, tomorrow usually provides a solution....
I agree Foxy, the next morning somehow can seem brighter.

The break might do Floydy good, I'm sure he'll return when he's ready, he knows we are all here for him. x
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I didn't even go to the gym today. Tired, nauseous and still lacking energy. I did my volunteering and continued to sort the greenhouse out, and what with that and the walk there and back I thought the activity was at least better than nothing and left it at that.

Even with just doing that I fell asleep in my chair for 90 minutes. I hope whatever I have come down with goes away because I MUST go on Saturday and do some lifting.

Well done Old Grey Fox and Surfermom though!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 05:26 AM

Floydy, you have shared some of your frustrations about work and your goals. The best thing I can offer is a reminder that you are very, very close to putting you challenges behind you, and you are to be commended for toughing it out. You are great at setting goals and achieving them, don't you see? Look at your physical conditioning and your working nights to wipe out that debt! Very few people set such lofty goals and stick with them.

You keep your eye on that goal of working days, lightening the work load, and having a long and happy life of semi-retirment with your healthy wife. We are all hoping things soon turn around for you.

OGF, yes I do understand why you love those early morning runs, and like you, I am ever happy to explore new scenery. In this world of cars, busses, planes, and trains, very few people get to see the world from such a sensorial perspective. I have a friend who calls forests cathedrals. I think that is probably true for most of the outdoors. There is a pleasure that comes with running, something about being inextricably part of nature, that is difficult to describe, but is at the heart of why we go, struggle, and prevail.

Tachyon, what do you think is causing all this nausea? I am terribly sorry to hear that you are still a bit knocked down.

I spent the day weed eating a half of an acre. I am not sure what good my five mile run did for me, but I am pretty sure that in the morning, my biceps will look like Floydy's.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Floydy, you have shared some of your frustrations about work and your goals. The best thing I can offer is a reminder that you are very, very close to putting you challenges behind you, and you are to be commended for toughing it out. You are great at setting goals and achieving them, don't you see? Look at your physical conditioning and your working nights to wipe out that debt! Very few people set such lofty goals and stick with them.
Thanks Suzie, but I'n nowehere near retiring, or even semi-retiring. At age 55 in the UK you can dip into your pension now and I'm using some of it to settle most of my debts. I will also take out enough to sort out some renovations to our house and begin a separate account for emergencies. It's best to do this now rather than try to scrimp and save in 10 years time when I'm fully retired. While I'm still young enough to enjoy life.
I'll still be working for at least 10 more years, but this initial settlement will sort out so many problems and hardship you wouldn't believe. The second step will be to evaluate what we have to live on afterwards and where that puts me in leaving the night shift but finding a similar suitable job on days within the company, perhaps leaving and going somewhere else if it will be viable.
A big step and one I have been looking forward to for over twenty years. It will be nice

A lovely post from you though, thank you. I'm feeling so much more positive than I was this time last week
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-06-2019, 09:58 AM

Life has a habit of springing a few surprises and if you're patient, time and a good night's sleep (or days sleep in your case) usually provides a solution. I can't even imagine the kind of worry you must be experiencing at the moment Floydy, but knowing the type of bloke that you are from your posts I know you will beat this thing and emerge a much stronger person for the experience.

It might surprise you to know that life hasn't always been a bed of roses in the Fox household. Due to a couple of redundancies and then running my own courier business where I was on call 24/7 and doing my own accounting and VAT that took virtually every hour god sent. Holidays were a thing of the past, If I didn't look after my customers they would simply go somewhere else....

So at fifty seven I called it a day and went to work for Royal Mail as a postman. I loved the job but without going into detail I was struggling to cope. Had it not been for a very sympathetic line manager I think I would have broke....
Mrs Fox was injured in a serious cycling accident and was taken to hospital where she stayed for three weeks, during this time my Mum unexpectedly passed away leaving my visually impaired father to cope on his own, and to cap it all, I got shingles.....

With the help of that line manager I continued to work through it all despite my Dad passing away just five months after my Mum. they had been married over 63 years and I don't think Dad ever got over losing his rock....

I did survive however, and I still miss my Mum and Dad tremendously, but life goes on and I believe that life burnishes off those sharp edges of your youth and you come out a better and more understanding person. Sorry for going on a bit, but who doesn't have a story to tell, and if they are posting on here the outcome must have been the same as mine....That's life....All the best mate..
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

22-06-2019, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Life has a habit of springing a few surprises and if you're patient, time and a good night's sleep (or days sleep in your case) usually provides a solution. I can't even imagine the kind of worry you must be experiencing at the moment Floydy, but knowing the type of bloke that you are from your posts I know you will beat this thing and emerge a much stronger person for the experience.

It might surprise you to know that life hasn't always been a bed of roses in the Fox household. Due to a couple of redundancies and then running my own courier business where I was on call 24/7 and doing my own accounting and VAT that took virtually every hour god sent. Holidays were a thing of the past, If I didn't look after my customers they would simply go somewhere else....

So at fifty seven I called it a day and went to work for Royal Mail as a postman. I loved the job but without going into detail I was struggling to cope. Had it not been for a very sympathetic line manager I think I would have broke....
Mrs Fox was injured in a serious cycling accident and was taken to hospital where she stayed for three weeks, during this time my Mum unexpectedly passed away leaving my visually impaired father to cope on his own, and to cap it all, I got shingles.....

With the help of that line manager I continued to work through it all despite my Dad passing away just five months after my Mum. they had been married over 63 years and I don't think Dad ever got over losing his rock....

I did survive however, and I still miss my Mum and Dad tremendously, but life goes on and I believe that life burnishes off those sharp edges of your youth and you come out a better and more understanding person. Sorry for going on a bit, but who doesn't have a story to tell, and if they are posting on here the outcome must have been the same as mine....That's life....All the best mate..
Bob, a wonderful post mate. Thank you very much, it means so much to have friends like you and the other folks in here

As you say, we all have problems in life, the rough and the sooth doesn't always come to us in equal measure and I really do feel for you when you mention some of your setbacks there. But whatever life throws at us we must be strong to deal with them. Unfortunately so many people in life cannot do this and they sadly fall by the wayside.
With me (and yourself) we are the sort who do not give in. We look at our issues logically and sensibly if we can and bounce back better men. I'm sure we do.

These two issues of mine will be sorted within a year. The financial situation is all but in the bag, just waiting to be 55 now (it's not often we want to get older is it? lol) and then I'll tackle my night shift problem, sometime next year pending what happens. But it's now looking like a big positive and I'm actually relishing the thought of getting on properly with my life. Thanks bud. Still waiting to meet up for a pint btw, just give us a nod

On the training front, I'll be back at the gym tomorrow pending the hangover situation in the morning!

Page 303 of 370 « First < 203 253 293 301 302 303 304 305 313 353 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top