Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2014, 11:32 PM

Karaoke

My father in law loves karaoke singing at a club/bar he visits once/week. We were told he's pretty good (by him)

They have karaoke contests & he says its a lot of fun. I personally am waytooshy to sing in public, could you do it? Have you ever sang in front of a lot of people?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 09:21 PM

Re: Karaoke

Aged 8 & I was ultra confident, very forward in reading, chosen often to read notices at morning assembly.
I was in a children's choir and remember singing Brahms LULLABY (cradle song)
THe choir was run by a policeman who borrowed my dad's extensive collection of 78's. Sad to say, the copper disappeared with my dad's records & the pianist. THis event was the first time I came across a dishonest officer of the law & I encountered many more in my lifetime. SHame.

Back to the topic.......... I was also at age 8 a member of a CHORAL SPEAKING group.
All I can remember is

"The hunt is up
The hunt is up
And Harry ,our king has gone hunting.

That and HIlary HIscock sweaty hand clutching mine yuk.

Finally I can categorically say I CAN'T SING.

Parkinsons disease has adversely affected my facial muscles.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 10:28 PM

I think I have performed for the public, I found a couple of programmes on the interweb with my name on them, still don't prove I was there.
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

23-11-2014, 08:36 PM

I wish I had the nerve, for I love to sing. When I was in high school, I was part of the school chorus. We had a good time singing in accompaniment with the drama club. Luckily, I was in the back row, so I didn't have the spotlight.

My class put on a Christmas show one year at the local shopping mall. It was very festive with our red school blazers blending well with the decorations.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 10:41 PM

No way , at all for me.

Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 11:24 PM

Oh gawd, I hate karaoke. All those folk who think they can sing
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 02:45 PM

Yes but you can have a bit of a laugh at them sometimes, or am I being a meanie ?
Tim
New Member!
US
Tim is male 

27-03-2015, 03:15 PM

I love to sing, I studied it for a couple of years and got fairly good, but singing in front of people has always been a weak point for me.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 05:00 PM

Singing is brilliant, best stress buster ever, I used to sing with a choir for a number of years but quit a couple of years ago and I really miss it.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 05:07 PM

I use to go to the local pub twice a week singing at the Karaoke, it got very popular and i got very competitive with it, people new who you were when you sang at other pubs and you were noted. I must admit i can sing and do a very good Doris Day, Annie Lennox, Shirley Bassey and many more..
I sing anywhere now, at the beginning i was very nervous but it got so when i walked into the pub, the mic was handed straight to me, that was without a drink! i don't know how i managed but i got over it quickly and have sung ever since

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top