Join for free
Page 512 of 1676 « First < 12 412 462 502 510 511 512 513 514 522 562 612 1012 1512 > Last »
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 11:17 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Here's some more trivia for ee.

When a lass were getting married and needed a posh frock, but couldn't afford one, a barrel of beer was purchased (or sometimes donated) and drinks sold to fund said posh frock. This was called the "bride-ale" and the posh frock was called the "bride-ale gown."
Say it along with me, bride-ale, bride-ale gown. It do sound similar to the modern bridal and bridal gown don't it just.

Now then, a bunch of musicians would oft perform around the village, moving from place to place using a cart that doubled as the performing stage.
If someone couldn't be @rsed to walk, they would hitch a ride on the musicians' cart, aka, jump on the bandwagon.

A-course, a few of they revellers might have had a spot too much of the bride-ale, and sometimes came a cropper. Thus, someone who has been drinking is said to have "fallen off the wagon."
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 01:45 PM

Love that Fruity.
Just read back! Think I missed some posts.
I will be back later. Hoping poorly Spitty is better.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
The US banned? what was all that about then?

Well US started off as the US of A – he said he'd cum from texas and had the hat [stetzun] to prove it and the boots with the silver spurs – he would strut about and smoke them darned stinkin Ceegars and tell us that he could fit why little old UK in US of A a hundred times. He was swankin this-a-way and swankin that-at-way and sometimes Hatha-way so we ganged up on him one day and dee-spurred him – removed them old leather boots – flicked off his Stetzun and shared his cigar around with the lads and yest sent him packin back to Texas to them oil slicks in Houston or was that Galveston with all them nightclubs and bars and red light district bras!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 06:11 PM

Well that was some explanation Gummy bear!
I shall think of my bra in a different light! k y
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 09:01 PM

Talking about bra’s, a subject I know little about by the way, why do they refer to the hollows in bra’s as ‘Cups’?, what have bra’s got to do with crockery or the football final? If it’s a case of a crockery thyme then they should refer to the bum part of knickers as ‘Bowls’, like a shop assistant would ask a lady who was seeking a new pair of drawers “What size bowls are you madam?”
Silly names from the ministry of silly names.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 09:48 PM

Hat sizes are calculated by measuring the length and width, in inches, adding them together, and dividing them by two.

By this I have determined that my wife's bra size is 13 1/2 (two times bowler hats sized 6 3/4).

Also known as 1 1/2 BSH (each).
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

26-02-2018, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Hat sizes are calculated by measuring the length and width, in inches, adding them together, and dividing them by two.

By this I have determined that my wife's bra size is 13 1/2 (two times bowler hats sized 6 3/4).

Also known as 1 1/2 BSH (each).
Now I am totally confused.
I think I need a drink.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

26-02-2018, 09:58 PM

Hold on, I have a thought.
Were you bowled over Fruity?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Hold on, I have a thought.
Were you bowled over Fruity?
I have surprised the dear lady occasionally by buying her a bra - when asked at the counter what size sir does madam take - I just hold my cusped hand out and say one OR two of these - works everytime! I cusp in the hand is worth no cusp at all??

spittie wot they do ap there lad?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 10:37 PM

They got the biggest everything in Texas Gummy.
Spitty has the flu and a gammy leg, you all know how miserable the flu makes us feel, right now he’s a hankering’, a type of hankering that can only be satisfied by handkerchiefs, dozens of paper hankies to blast the virus from his body.
Cowboys were very dependant on their handkerchief back in the olden days, an essential tool, they used it for covering their mouths during a sand storm, wiping sweat from their brow, as a bandage for wounds, robbing stage coaches and banks, blowing their noses, and wiping their asses, and hiding their dirty necks, that’s why you’ll always see them washing their hankies as soon as they reach water, just as the ancient Romans were forever washing their shitty sponges.
Yes folks the word ‘Hankering’ comes from handkerchief and accounts for a lot with the traditional cowboy, Yeeeeha! Yo-ho silver, away!
Right now I’m a hankering for a pint so I’ll be off shortly.

Page 512 of 1676 « First < 12 412 462 502 510 511 512 513 514 522 562 612 1012 1512 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top