Join for free
Page 53 of 1676 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 553 1053 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 04:04 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Umm...if I might step in,without causing disharmony in the ranks?

The answer,gumbud,is 'a shield'.

I know that only because I was once in a children's home close to Battle,in Sussex. We used to go often to Battle Abbey and Senlac Hill.

Err...ok....I hoppit now...soz....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 08:16 PM

A Shield, yes I see it now, a talking Shield, never would have guessed that, thanks Pug.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 08:31 PM

I'm a fan of the old 1950's science fiction and horror films and thankfully I can get my bellyful on Youtube, the wife doesn't like them so I have my own TV to watch them on via my Mac Mini. The other night I was watching a mad film called "The Brain Eaters", really way out for it's day, anyway who comes behind me only the wife, she gawked at the Alien creature tearing the brains out of a soldier on guard and commented "No wonder your nuts watching stuff like that, grow up for Gods sake" (I'm 70 now, how many more years before I'm 'grown up’?) Well you know what they say comes out of the mouths of babies, but no one has come up with a name for what comes out of the mouths of women yet. I tried to explain that she used to say the very same thing back in the 60's and 70's when I watched Star Trek and look at all the things that have become fact since then, all science fiction stuff is only new ideas and theories being put forward, they laughed at Columbus didn't they?, I even quoted H.G. Wells “Human history in essence is the history of ideas” but she wouldn't listen so I told her to contact one of her sisters on her communicator and leave me in peace.
But she had planted a seed of thought in me head and I started to wonder, what happened to all the juvenile delinquents we had in the 50's?, did they go on to be geriatric delinquents or did ‘pot’ kill them all off? did half of them go blind as they said would happen? they would all be in their 80's/90s now, and what is the correct term for an old juvenile delinquent?
I used to hear my mother talking in the kitchen with my Aunt Tessy and Molly, they never used the words juvenile delinquent in front of us kids, they would simply say 'JD' as in "That son of Mary Doyle is turning into a right little JD" There was no need for them to worry I would never have guessed what a JD was, for all I knew it could be a fella on the radio who plays records backwards.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Umm...if I might step in,without causing disharmony in the ranks?

The answer,gumbud,is 'a shield'.

I know that only because I was once in a children's home close to Battle,in Sussex. We used to go often to Battle Abbey and Senlac Hill.

Err...ok....I hoppit now...soz....
well done Pug wanna try for No 2? you'll probably find it in the same place!

In the town I saw a creature
which feeds the cattle. It has many teeth;
its beak is useful as it points down ,
gently plunders and turns for home;
it searches for plants along the slopes
and always finds those not rooted firmly;
it leaves the living ones held by their roots,
quietly standing where they spring from the soil,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 10:00 PM

I no longer think of the delinquents, They were important back then, now They are not, that generation of delinquents are now Chuffers.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I no longer think of the delinquents, They were important back then, now They are not, that generation of delinquents are now Chuffers.
is that the same as sociopaths? I've walked on garden paths; gravel paths; harmonious paths and evensong paths but never sociopaths to my knowledge.

path, paths glorious paths
Nothing quite like them for causing a dash
so follow me follow down to the hollow
and there we will wallow in glorious mud!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 10:46 PM

Gumbud, anything is possible, there is the chance that the self is Pathetic, but that don't matter, as long as you remember how you found the path.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

10-07-2016, 11:06 PM

I once walked out with a Miss A. Demure
She smiled weakly and blushed when I swore
She swished her pale fan and giggled “oh Sam
How could you, you couldn’t I’m sure”

She would sneak a quick glance on the chance
That I didn’t stare back less perchance
We’d fall madly in love, for good and for good
And Miss Demure would become Ms Giganteoussssssssssssssssssssss!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

11-07-2016, 02:39 AM

Thought for the day?

Wouldn’t life be perfect if sweatpants were sexy, Mondays were fun, junk food didn’t make you fat, girls didn’t cause so much drama, guys weren’t so confusing and goodbyes only meant until tomorrow?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well done Pug wanna try for No 2? you'll probably find it in the same place!

In the town I saw a creature
which feeds the cattle. It has many teeth;
its beak is useful as it points down ,
gently plunders and turns for home;
it searches for plants along the slopes
and always finds those not rooted firmly;
it leaves the living ones held by their roots,
quietly standing where they spring from the soil,
Just popped in as getting ready to leave for work...found that somewhat ascerbic comment.

Y'see,gumbud? THAT'S why being me is no great joy.
I did NOT need to 'look it up' nor 'google' it.
No;one of the 71 homes I was deposited in as a child was just a short walk from Battle Abbey. Yes,I do know the answer to #2,no,I won't ruin your fun. Why the acidity toward me?

Page 53 of 1676 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 553 1053 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top