Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 05:21 PM

Re: Shocking!

I'm of the opinion that little needed to be done 30 or 40 years ago when the cannabis involved was weak and not all that prevalent.

Now, kids can buy spice which can kill with one dose and drugs in general are everywhere.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 05:27 PM

In some towns and cities the kids can actually see the effects of drug abuse on the streets.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I was just about to say something along these lines too.
I don't know what the school syllabus is at the moment for secondary education, but the government should perhaps encourage more in the way of "life experience" topics such as telling the kids about the dangers of drug use and so on, and make it hard-hitting with demonstative videos etc.

It's alright to learn about tangents and logarithms but they are pretty useless for the world at work and living your life. Perhaps some of this should even start in primary schooling, maybe in Year 6 or so?
We do..and it does.
But as mesco pointed out...their biggest influence is their peers.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 05:44 PM

The only way to stop it is to stop the dealing.
Unfortunately the dealers are disposable
The true drug barons/cartels are untouchable.

And who gives farmers in Mexico and other poorer countries a fair choice between growing narcotics (that they'll get half decent money for) or food crops (that they'll barely survive on)?

I'm afraid it's not as simple as scaring your child into not taking drugs. Illegal or not, it's everywhere.
Summer's point about giving kids alternatives like sport and clubs and safe places come far too late for some...if at all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 05:47 PM

When I was at school, the biggest problem was the teachers smoking it. Several were sacked over the years despite protests from us kids to re-instate them.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 05:52 PM

It's the synthetic legal highs which are becoming a huge problem.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top