Join for free
Page 8 of 18 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 12:38 AM

Re: I Think I’ve Made A Huge Mistake, Getting Sky Q.

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Art , im still following and isnt it great to have knowledgeable folk to help .

Even im annoyed with sky for your sake

Be glad when its fixed good and proper

Phew
Susan, Thank You for your nice words.
As if there aren’t worse things happening in the world other than l can’t receive Freeview properly!
Everyone, has been so helpful and patient too! They probably have to have a lie down after though!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Realist, I noticed the ‘cut’ wires in the bottom of my dustbin today! They may have been the old Sky dish wires but there is one inch of wire sticking out from under my roof and another one inch long one on the outside wall of my lounge. I wonder if that was attached to the booster in the loft?
This begins to look like deliberate sabotage to try to get you to buy Sky multi room subscriptions.

You should call back the engineer and demand to know why he cut the lounge cable (the one that is nowhere near the Sky dish).

Or was that wire located where the old Sky dish was?

There was another one that could receive Freesat via an old Sky box l had but l can’t now because they dismantled and took away the old Sky dish with quad LNB.
You can just change the LNB on the dish to a hybrid which will give you FreeSat again.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This begins to look like deliberate sabotage to try to get you to buy Sky multi room subscriptions.

You should call back the engineer and demand to know why he cut the lounge cable (the one that is nowhere near the Sky dish).

Or was that wire located where the old Sky dish was?

You can just change the LNB on the dish to a hybrid which will give you FreeSat again.
Realist, I think you’re right about them wanting me to take on Multiroom, as that’s what the woman offered when l rang up to complain last Sunday about my other televisions not working.

The ‘cut’ wire was coming out of the brickwork under my roof. It wasn’t near the old Sky dish as that was on the chimney on a long pole because of the trees.

I think the hybrid LNB is the only answer. The Sky Engineer is coming here on 8th May.
I said, that date was out of my 14 day ‘cooling off’ period but she said, because l had made the complaint, it would be ok.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 01:25 PM

Realist, I think you’re right about them wanting me to take on Multiroom, as that’s what the woman offered when l rang up to complain last Sunday about my other televisions not working.

The ‘cut’ wire was coming out of the brickwork under my roof. It wasn’t near the old Sky dish as that was on the chimney on a long pole because of the trees.

I think the hybrid LNB is the only answer. The Sky Engineer is coming here on 8th May.
I said, that date was out of my 14 day ‘cooling off’ period but she said, because l had made the complaint, it would be ok.
Don't worry about that, Angel. If, as we suspect, the Sky engineers have removed or damaged any of your property they are legally obliged to restore things as to how they were.

If they are being awkward, arrange for an independent aerial installer to look at the cables, etc., and ask him if he would be willing to provide evidence if you decide to take Sky to court. The Small Claims Court, of course, is readily available to you and costs very little which, when your case is won, will be recovered from Sky plus the cost of restoration and the expert you employed.

Of course, I very much doubt that you will need to go that far at all. I'm absolutely sure that Sky will put everything right without any charge, as you simply requested their old dish to be removed and replaced by an alternative system. You never asked them to do anything with your terrestrial aerial, cables, boosters, etc., and should not have had any cause to even touch them.

Nevertheless, be firm and insist on their rectifying any damage they have caused.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-04-2019, 02:34 PM

JBR, l didn’t request the sky engineers to take my old dish. I thought the plan was to attached something to it, to receive Sky Q.
They said, they replaced my Sky dish with a new one as the old one was falling apart?

I shall be firm about it all

Here are pics of the cut wire. I live in a bungalow so the wood in the second pic, juts out from under the roof.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	0CEC5B0E-1AF5-4717-9FDB-852949166210.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	9429   Click image for larger version

Name:	ACB84C79-9C27-4C99-9A86-DB847AFC6947.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	9430  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 02:46 PM

JBR, l didn’t request the sky engineers to take my old dish. I thought the plan was to attached something to it, to receive Sky Q.
They said, they replaced my Sky dish with a new one as the old one was falling apart?

I shall be firm about it all

Here are pics of the cut wire. I live in a bungalow so the wood in the second pic, juts out from under the roof.
Just out of interest, I assume that you have a traditional TV aerial somewhere on your roof. If not there, within your loft space.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-04-2019, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Just out of interest, I assume that you have a traditional TV aerial somewhere on your roof. If not there, within your loft space.

My digital/Freeview aerial is on the chimney with the new dish attached to it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-04-2019, 03:12 PM

Sorry, double posted!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-04-2019, 04:46 PM

My digital/Freeview aerial is on the chimney with the new dish attached to it.
Well that's good news.

All that needs to be done is to follow the cable from the Freeview aerial to see how far it goes. If it comes to an abrupt end and the rest has been cut off, then that points to your lack of Freeview pictures on your many televisions.
I assume that must have been caused by the Sky engineer, assuming no-one else has been involved in 'tidying up' your cables.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 05:23 PM

I can't be of any help here but not sure if I mentioned my sis's problem. When she moved on Good Friday to her new house she said the tv didn't work, saying 'no signal'. She has been busy since, and in NYC for 5 days so I don't know if she or her family members sorted it out.

I've been reading all these posts with interest to see if I can spot her solution here. There is a Sky dish there apparently and her daughter suggested she get an old Sky box to install, to get the free channels. I'm wondering if it's suffered the same fate as Art!

There were tenants there before (who left debts on the gas and electric)

Page 8 of 18 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top