Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 08:38 AM

Re: What's your problem?

One thing i do get now is heartburn , never in my life until about two years ago , does anyone know why we get hearburn ?

What is it and why i wonder
Cache
East Anglia
Cache is female  Cache has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
One thing i do get now is heartburn , never in my life until about two years ago , does anyone know why we get hearburn ?

That's something I've experienced for years, not just recently, but I do think that's got worse.
I think as we get older we just need to look after ourselves more re:diet etc.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 09:19 AM

My only problem is, hopefully, a temporary one. Sad tale and photo on 'Chit Chat' thread.
Cache
East Anglia
Cache is female  Cache has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
My only problem is, hopefully, a temporary one. Sad tale and photo on 'Chit Chat' thread.
Is that General Chat? I'm still trying to find my way around here
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Cache ->

No. It is General Health.

(It tells you in red letters at the top of this page).
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 01:30 PM

Up until last year i was on 2 blood pressure tablets but now I've lost a lot of weight I'm only on 1 and we are looking at me coming of that also. I also have arthritis in my left knee but since losing the weight it barely gives me any bother.

My aim is to come off my remaining blood pressure tablet as I don't want to take any medications if I can help it.

I think doctors give our medicines too willy nilly and some don't bother to monitor and just keep dishing out the repeat prescriptions.

I remember a few years back my doctor gave me water tablets as my ankles were a bit swollen (due to my weight at that time) and he just kept giving me repeat prescriptions. After a good long while I decided I didn't want to take these anymore as I figured they were making my kidneys work overtime and I told my doctor I didn't want to take them anymore and I gradually reduced the days I took them. I obviously didn't need them because I'm fine.

I'm in no way suggesting people stop taking their meds. This was my personal choice.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

The reason we suffer more heartburn/indigestion as we age is because the sphincter muscle (like a non-return valve) at the bottom of the oesophagus, that stops stomach acid from regurgitating up the oesophagus resulting in burning, becomes worn and less efficient.

I have GORD (gastro Oesophageal Reflux Disease, the afore mentioned indigestion) for which I take tablets (Omeperazole).

I have COPD for which I have 2 inhalers. It doesn't interfere with my everyday life so is under control.

Other than that it's just the normal aches and pains.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I think most of us have some medical problem or another.

Mine is newly diagnosed Polymyalgia Rheumatica - also I get ocassional attacks of vertigo and seem to suffer chronic catarrh.

Tony has Arthritis & mild/moderate Alzheimers - oh & his eyes water a lot.

Do you mind talking about your's?
Have had catarrh for years but the last year its BAD and as well as the vertigo.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Originally Posted by Cache ->
Cache, the Chit Chat thread is in the Self Moderated Section (heaven knows why) see the list of sections on the main Home Page. It's listed under the title Private Sections
Cache
East Anglia

16-05-2019, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Cache, the Chit Chat thread is in the Self Moderated Section (heaven knows why) see the list of sections on the main Home Page. It's listed under the title Private Sections
Thanks, I think I posted yesterday, then couldn't find it again. It's a bit confusing having 2 different chatter places!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top