Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:46 PM

Re: Does anyone seriously believe Huawei pose a threat to USA security?

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
The only reason America have imposed restrictions on the use of Hauwai equipment is to protect the American company Apple's interests - nothing whatsoever to do with a potential threat of spying.
Exactly. They produce more phones than Apple and it's pure protectionism on the US's part.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
hi

really?

The big problem to world peace is the usa and trump.

We do not need another war, we do not even have an anti ballistic missile system any more.

Our security services are relaxed about china.

Yes they are spying on us, but so what?

Our gchq are well aware of that and their spyware and are seriously not bothered about it.

It works both ways.

It has gone on for decades, but the issue is now that 5 eyes cannot trust trump to keep his gob shut.

He is a danger to us.

Obama could keep his gob shut, that is how we found osama bin laden and disposed of him.

Boris is also a danger, he cannot keep his gob shut.

Boris is an idiot who will cost us dearly.

He is however, infinitely better than corbyn and abbot, that really is the terrorists dream team.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
because the only things they won't eat that has legs is a table & chairs........
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
The only reason America have imposed restrictions on the use of Hauwai equipment is to protect the American company Apple's interests - nothing whatsoever to do with a potential threat of spying.
That makes sense. OH has a Huawei and it's a brilliant little phone. I was really impressed and was planning to get one too but this is making me think again. It's disappointing that our choices are being limited because of a US political stance. We are so reliant on the US operating systems. We need to move away from that but that would mean an EU system because we are not big enough. I just can't believe that we live under this monopoly when it comes to the internet etc. The alternatives just don't cut it because they don't have the market share.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 11:44 PM

Hi

Really?

The big problem to World Peace is the USA and Trump.

We do not need another War, we do not even have an Anti Ballistic Missile System any more.

Our Security Services are relaxed about China.

Yes they are spying on us, but so what?

Our GCHQ are well aware of that and their spyware and are seriously not bothered about it.

It works both ways.

It has gone on for decades, but the issue is now that 5 Eyes cannot trust Trump to keep his gob shut.

He is a danger to us.

Obama could keep his gob shut, that is how we found Osama Bin Laden and disposed of him.

Boris is also a danger, he cannot keep his gob shut.

Boris is an idiot who will cost us dearly.

He is however, infinitely better than Corbyn and Abbot, that really is the Terrorists Dream Team.
It's the security services who advised May to stay clear of them - for obvious reasons.

It's worrying how fecking gullible people are.

People who hate America are being absolute mugs in thinking China being the no1 power will be better are totally deluded.

It is a TERRIBLE prospect.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
It's the security services who advised May to stay clear of them - for obvious reasons.

It's worrying how fecking gullible people are.

People who hate America are being absolute mugs in thinking China being the no1 power will be better are totally deluded.

It is a TERRIBLE prospect.
Hi

Bollox, it was not the Security Services who advised May, it was a purely Political decision.

She is a complete nightmare for those who are paid to protect you.

It is difficult to envisage anyone worse than her, but Corbyn and Abbott do have the prize.

Before May became Home Secretary we never, ever, had to release on Bail known Terrorists.

Your Security Services whinged big time about Blair and Harriet Harmon.

Compared to May, they were Heroes.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That makes sense. OH has a Huawei and it's a brilliant little phone. I was really impressed and was planning to get one too but this is making me think again. It's disappointing that our choices are being limited because of a US political stance. We are so reliant on the US operating systems. We need to move away from that but that would mean an EU system because we are not big enough. I just can't believe that we live under this monopoly when it comes to the internet etc. The alternatives just don't cut it because they don't have the market share.

Just be patient Annie darlin' - since Hauwei doesn't have access to Google apps, they are even now making their own network which some people are saying will not only rival Google and Apple, but will be much better.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 01:14 PM

Hi

Why?
A Malaysian Chinese friend of mine has just returned from visiting China.

She has visited China before and was very scathing about their standard of living etc. This time she was almost overwhelmed by the changes since she last visited. She said wealth is visible everywhere, condos have all mod cons amazingly with each flat comes a plot of land where people can grow their own vegetables if they wish.

The people are very health conscious, as far as wealth and living standards go she said they have overtaken Malaysia (which was the wealthiest Asian country).

I heard all this today when she rang me after returning from there.

If this is right they have certainly made a big leap forward in the last few years.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Because the only things they won't eat that has legs is a table & chairs........
I am not sure that someone from a nation of offal eaters can make any meaningful comments about another nation's eating habits.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Both my phone and my tablet are Huawei and are great I much prefer them to the Apple ones I used to use.
LOL Roxy. When HWMO retired, he received many gifts from his company colleagues, one, when he unwrapped it, were two brand new Huawei tablets, (one for moi )
We tried, honestly, we really tried to love them and use them for one day. Then they were wiped completely clean, given a polish and replaced carefully back into their pretty sky blue boxes, put on the shelf of my coffee table and remained there for at least 12 months with me trying to remember to dust the boxes each week when I polished the coffee table.
I am ashamed to say that In the end, rather than let them keep gathering dust, one was sold to my brother for half price, and the other was given as one of two Golden Wedding prezzies for another brother and Sil.

We, on the other hand, continue to sit on the sofas, using the coffee table as our desks, with our two trusty dust-trap old Toshiba laptops.

New technology comes waaaaay down the list for these two old farts.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top