Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:13 AM

What makes you feel uncomfortable?

Are there any situations you feel uncomfortable in?

I feel uneasy when I'm in a busy waiting room or on a crowded bus or train when the seats are facing each other.
There is someone less than three feet away and you cannot help it but keep glancing at their eyes because there is nowhere else to avert my eyes. I get sweaty and very anxious.

It's the same in cafes, in supermarkets usually. I feel so self-conscious eating alone and keep my eyes looking at my plate or have my mobile to make me look invisible.

Standing talking in front of a group of people, even if I know them well. It's easier sitting down around a table. I don't know why.

What about you?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:29 AM

Re: What makes you feel uncomfortable?

Oh, Floydy, nothing has quite the effect you describe. Certainly not the public speaking bit - been doing that most of my adult life.

However - I did feel decidedly uncomfortable last Saturday in the presence of two friends. They are a married lesbian couple and I have no problem with that - but - they called round with some shopping for me, stayed to have a coffee with me - sat together on the sofa and, the whole time we were talking, were fondling each other and stroking each others thighs!

It made me feel as though I should not be there - hasten to add I would have felt the same about any other couple. Some things are best kept private!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Oh, Floydy, nothing has quite the effect you describe. Certainly not the public speaking bit - been doing that most of my adult life.

However - I did feel decidedly uncomfortable last Saturday in the presence of two friends. They are a married lesbian couple and I have no problem with that - but - they called round with some shopping for me, stayed to have a coffee with me - sat together on the sofa and, the whole time we were talking, were fondling each other and stroking each others thighs!

It made me feel as though I should not be there - hasten to add I would have felt the same about any other couple. Some things are best kept private!
Haha Tabby. If I was in the presence of those two fondling each other I'd be loving it!
I know what you mean though. It must have been strange!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:37 AM

Spose any situation can be uncomfortable, if you think about it enough??
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:46 AM

I think you're right Spitty and with me it depends on my mood some days I can overcome anything....others especially as I've got older I'm useless.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:07 AM

I feel uncomfortable if I'm the centre of attention in any way shape or form.

I also don't like sharing a taxi with other people and I hate being the person in the middle of a row of aeroplane seats.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Are there any situations you feel uncomfortable in?

I feel uneasy when I'm in a busy waiting room or on a crowded bus or train when the seats are facing each other.
There is someone less than three feet away and you cannot help it but keep glancing at their eyes because there is nowhere else to avert my eyes. I get sweaty and very anxious.

It's the same in cafes, in supermarkets usually. I feel so self-conscious eating alone and keep my eyes looking at my plate or have my mobile to make me look invisible.

Standing talking in front of a group of people, even if I know them well. It's easier sitting down around a table. I don't know why.

What about you?

I can honestly say,I can go anywhere do anything and not feel self conscious ,

With out getting to deep,.....it has taken a long time to get to this place though!.

There is always a reason why one can feel uncomfortable in certain situations,it usually stems from somewhere,....

I found where mine came from and dealt with it!.

There is such a freedom in being set free from self consciousness .

That's my take on it,Floydy.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:46 AM

In a waiting room, l stare at the posters on the wall or, sort my shopping bag out whilst l wait.
I’d imagine, the other people in a waiting room are feeling just as uncomfortable as you.
So you’re all quits!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 09:04 AM

Maybe I'm thick skinned - I can't really think of any?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Maybe I'm thick skinned - I can't really think of any?

Have you never felt uncomfortable/self conscious ,even when younger?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top