Join for free
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 11:01 AM

Re: Dirty Toilet

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Well, that must have been quite some Indian takeaway, a really hot curry!
Oh sh!t, I had better put the lid on this and get out of here!
Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Wiltshire Farm Foods at it's best
Well, I couldn't possibly comment on that!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
It's the comments saying get a new pan, or professionals in that seem to be over-reacting

While you're at it, pour some bleach into the cistern so that unreachable parts also get a dose over the next couple of flushes.

Yes, I did think about doing that Dex - but then wondered about leaving standing bleach in when he probably won't be going back ie wondering if it could harm the cistern or rubbers or something.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 11:05 AM

Crikey. A simple thread about how to clean a loo and we're all over it like flies round.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 11:06 AM

Pesta, I know what it looks like, I think we are all thinking along the same lines, but I am not absolutely positive.

May I ask if you or your daughter are likely to visit this man in hospital?
If so, would it be too insensitive to ask him if he has been putting anything down the loo (other than the usual)?

It looks a bit like Creosote or fence paint, and I am a bit worried about pouring bleach on top of an existing chemical as it can create nasty fumes.

Another thought is, bleach alone does kill germs as we all know, but it also 'bleaches' surfaces white, which could mean it would only bleach the stain white but not remove it if it is scaled up.

I think I would want to be sure what it is before I touched it to be honest, and maybe as others have suggested, get a cleaning firm in as they would likely know what's best.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 11:07 AM

Yes, I did think about doing that Dex - but then wondered about leaving standing bleach in when he probably won't be going back ie wondering if it could harm the cistern or rubbers or something.
Nope, it won't harm any seals (we await the inexorable sea mammal puns).

If you're worried, nip back in a few days and flush it.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 11:10 AM

Crikey. A simple thread about how to clean a loo and we're all over it like flies round.....

.... the rotting rubbish strewn around the place ..
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

01-08-2020, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It looks a bit like Creosote or fence paint, and I am a bit worried about pouring bleach on top of an existing chemical as it can create nasty fumes.

Another thought is, bleach alone does kill germs as we all know, but it also 'bleaches' surfaces white, which could mean it would only bleach the stain white but not remove it if it is scaled up.

I think I would want to be sure what it is before I touched it to be honest, and maybe as others have suggested, get a cleaning firm in as they would likely know what's best.
Bleach will kill bacteria which will make it safer to get the pan scourer onto it. Reckon it's either mould or he's been pouring chip or frying pan oil down there.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

01-08-2020, 11:14 AM

.... the rotting rubbish strewn around the place ..
Hoarder eh? Well, you can only do what you can do. Are you cleaning the place to protect the deposit (no pun!!), assuming he's not returning there?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 11:23 AM

It is a dirty lodger ... it's in the bedsit my daughter's father rents.

He's in hospital at the mo and we're going armed with cleaning stuff and bin bags and nose pegs.

In the first instance, I was thinking of squirting a shed load of Domestos around it and leaving it for a good while.

I'm just so confused what it is (as I say I haven't seen it in person - yet).
Poor Guy, I notice an absence of Toilet Paper, wouldn't mind betting, he was a victim of the "Bulk Buyers".
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 11:23 AM

For heaven's sake!!! Just spray it with some bleach based product and leave it for a couple of hours or ideally overnight. Not need to over-react over this!!
Yes, It looks like something alive.

Bleach from Aldi, for quid (ish) will fix that in a jiffy.

Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top