Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 09:17 PM

Re: absolutely disgusted

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I was angry too...

Excellent Bruce
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 09:19 PM

I like double density eight inch floppies!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I like double density eight inch floppies!
Well now.............
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What I can donate for a Christmas photo comp is the serial number for Adobe Elements 10. The winner would have to download Adobe Elements 10 first which should not be too hard to find.

Hopefully it should work but like everything else I can't guarantee it as there is no use limit on it I don't think, like later versions

this editing suite is very easy to use and may well help some lucky member
Is that legal?
gasman
Kent, UK

10-09-2020, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I see nothing wrong in what the winner did. He/she saw an opportunity to get a (presumably) high value item for coppers, got it, and is offering it for presumably a less than retail price to people who would like one.

Where's the problem?

I REALLY don't see it.
Totally agree, I can't see the problem either. How does the OP know the financial situation that the contestant is in? It could be, as many people do, that they entered the competition and perhaps many others, to 'trade in' their wins to help out in these troubled times?
This kind of person makes me sick, disgusting is not a strong enough word for such a vile human being

That is not very kind at all, especially as you have no idea of their situation.
I wonder what the OP would have done if they had bothered entering and won the competition?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Totally agree, I can't see the problem either. How does the OP know the financial situation that the contestant is in? It could be, as many people do, that they entered the competition and perhaps many others, to 'trade in' their wins to help out in these troubled times?
This kind of person makes me sick, disgusting is not a strong enough word for such a vile human being

That is not very kind at all, especially as you have no idea of their situation.
I wonder what the OP would have done if they had bothered entering and won the competition?
That was my thought too Gasman. For someone who loves photography to sell a prize camera they would have to be in financial dire straits and need the money. I would call it resourcefulness.
gasman
Kent, UK

10-09-2020, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That was my thought too Gasman. For someone who loves photography to sell a prize camera they would have to be in financial dire straits and need the money. I would call it resourcefulness.
Very true AnnieS. I know of a few people that have entered competitions just to gain the retail value of the prize if they had won. I really cannot see the problem, well, perhaps one
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Mother of Jesus
Holy Mary!

gasman
Kent, UK

10-09-2020, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I agree,they shouldn’t have entered the competition,spoilt it for others.

Two fingers up at him.....oops did I just say that.

Seriously,what a ,🤬🤬🤬
Why have they spoilt it for others? and yes you did say two fingers up at him Do you know the entrants financial situation? If there was a free to enter competition where the first prize was a Lamborghini, would you enter and then sell it on if you won if you couldn't afford to run it? I would. Perhaps the OP can contact the winner https://www.ephotozine.com/article/n...n-winner-34900 If it is the same person, then the OP can really vent their strong feelings, if they haven't had the
cojones to do so There is an aside - perhaps the OP wouldn't have a clue how to use the new camera? None the less, I still can't understand the reticence.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Why have they spoilt it for others? and yes you did say two fingers up at him Do you know the entrants financial situation? If there was a free to enter competition where the first prize was a Lamborghini, would you enter and then sell it on if you won if you couldn't afford to run it? I would. Perhaps the OP can contact the winner https://www.ephotozine.com/article/n...n-winner-34900 If it is the same person, then the OP can really vent their strong feelings, if they haven't had the
cojones to do so There is an aside - perhaps the OP wouldn't have a clue how to use the new camera? None the less, I still can't understand the reticence.
If that was the winner perhaps he didn't need a new camera because his photos look pretty good. Even if it was Kodak Brownie why would you want to change?

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top