Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 04:33 PM

Re: Grants given to the Hunts

I'd like to chase them b*ggers across the countryside til they drop and then rip 'em up! (and get money for it)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...nting-groups/i

Not as simple as some make out.

The link doesn't seem to work.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The farming community are not all against foxes .
The fox usually hunts rats and rabbits enemies of the arable farmer.
It only gets chickens when the owner has not made his chicken house secure enough .
Foxes rarely take livestock they are too small but may attack new lambs
If a farmer has trouble with a fox he generally shoots it.
Allowing a load of hooray harries and harriets charge across fields of livestock does them no good either .

Hunts have to maintain a fund to pay off farmers whose livestock their hounds have killed /fences / crops they have damaged .
Of course some farmers like to hunt too but it’s all for show it’s not an effective method of fox control .

The unspeakable in full pursuit of the unbeatable .

Oscar Wilde.

I agree Muddy.
have no objection to a troublesome fox being shot quickly and cleanly, but that's not how the hunt works.

I was married to a farmer, and I kept around 200 birds of different types, so you can imagine I had a fair bit of trouble with foxes.
My birds were all safely locked up at night to protect them, except the Peacocks who used to fly high up into the big tree next to the house.
But then I had a fox coming round during the day when the birds were all out. It kept coming back and it killed a mother duck with her eggs about to hatch, and took a couple of other birds, then killed my beautiful white Peahen, so I got a friend to come in and shoot it.
One shot and it was dealt with. I will not stand by and have any of my animals attacked and killed and not do anything about it.
I consider that different to the glory and pomp the hunting lot perform though.
They don't even care for their horses either, they treat them as just there for a purpose and that's it.

And why do these idiots have to dress a certain way, all have drinks to start off, chase an animal till it is exhausted, block up the holes so it can't go to ground, cut tails off and smear blood on people's faces and then all gather together afterwards to celebrate a nice gruesome death?

This is what annoys me, they way they carry on with their stupid, blood soaked 'customs' instead of just doing a quick, clean job and without all the stupid blood thirsty rituals and celebrations that go with it?

I know they hate the sabs, and vice versa, but I heard only a few days ago how one huntsman deliberately rode his horse at a man, knocking him down and breaking his back.
I heard tonight that our local hunt here has received the money from the government scheme too and apparently it is widespread, not just the Shropshire council doing it.
People have every tight to object and trouble is brewing quickly over this already.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The link doesn't seem to work.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...unting-groups/
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 02:46 PM

This is absolute rubbish and Shropshire council should be ashamed of themselves.

So many small bussiness have been in dire straits because Rishi Sunaks bounty didn’t extend to them .

A hunt is not a business.

Contrary to the lies put about by Hunt supporters it’s does not supply the countryside with jobs.

Perhaps one man may be employed to feed the hounds .

That’s about the sum of it .

Hunt servants are usually well off people have have nothing better to do .

For example Master of the Shropshre Hunt Otis Ferry
A man who has done nothing in his life but attack hunt saboteurs and live a lifestyle supported by his fathers ( Bryan Ferry )money
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-09-2020, 03:01 PM

Once again I agree with your sentiments Muddy.

Same as the murdering, gun happy swines who got Grouse shooting.
How come these gangs of thugs are exempt from Boris's groups of 6? And just look at the list of offences on the right hand side of the page!

https://raptorpersecutionscotland.wordpress.com/

And while I'm on the subject, these hunting people are lying swines as well as all their other faults.

Trail hunting they say? All lies. They are illegally hunting with dogs whether people like it or not.
There is masses of evidence against them, but they still get away with it.

Read the first two paragraphs here about the Kimblewick hunt's terrier man for a start.

https://morethanjustbadgers.net/blog/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This is absolute rubbish and Shropshire council should be ashamed of themselves.

So many small bussiness have been in dire straits because Rishi Sunaks bounty didn’t extend to them .

A hunt is not a business.

Contrary to the lies put about by Hunt supporters it’s does not supply the countryside with jobs.

Perhaps one man may be employed to feed the hounds .

That’s about the sum of it .

Hunt servants are usually well off people have have nothing better to do .

For example Master of the Shropshre Hunt Otis Ferry
A man who has done nothing in his life but attack hunt saboteurs and live a lifestyle supported by his fathers ( Bryan Ferry )money
Hi

Otis Ferry ceased to be Master of South Shropshire Hunt 2 years ago.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'd like to chase them b*ggers across the countryside til they drop and then rip 'em up! (and get money for it)
I agree with that. I can understand that sometimes things need to be controlled but it doesn't warrant poncing oneself up in red jackets (they are not pink ), blowing a horn, then ripping an animal to pieces.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top