Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 05:16 PM

Re: The garden room project (aka The Doghouse)

Barry please ask Rosemary if she will let you post a picture of the inside, when it is finished, I am sure we would all love to see the inside.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Barry please ask Rosemary if she will let you post a picture of the inside, when it is finished, I am sure we would all love to see the inside.
Certainly will Twink, I've no idea yet what the colour scheme will be so no doubt we'll all be surprised...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Barry if you re check I did alter the last section when
I spotted the pipe in the corner roof so I apologise and altered it but you had already copied and pasted the original.
Seems you take easy exceptions on any suggestions albeit posted with good intentions regarding pre made out buildings.

As for money yes it does concern me being an OAP on a limited income as it would anyone else in the same situation. May be different for you, possibly having a job to earn that bit extra
My apologies for being short with you RS, maybe you caught me at a bad moment.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 06:23 PM

accepted but don't expect me to kiss you as well
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 07:24 PM

What a brilliant shed.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 07:49 PM

Nice
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Thanks Meg and yes, I'm certain she will.

Thanks Percy and yes, the garden is a great space and pretty much Rosemary's creation.

Thanks Tabby and yes, I really couldn't have done it without Alfie keeping an eye...

Thanks Mags, I'm sure it will be well worth the time and effort.

Not for a minute did the levels give me any problems as being a professional builder I have spent a lifetime working with levels!
Not everything comes down to money RS, which seems to be a fixation of yours, but to purchase a room of similar quality would probably cost around double our spend, and you can't put a price on the achievement factor!

Your final comment is almost an insult, which I will refrain from replying to in case I say something that I may later regret...
Brilliant job Barry and very professional. Just watch out for the downpour.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 09:41 PM

Brilliant workmanship Barry, you’ve a great pair of hands on yeh. I’ll bet you felt good being back on the job again.
I also love the colours, the two shades of grey really suit it, very classy looking, good name for it too.

Don’t forget to christen it with a bottle of champagne, don’t smash it against the paintwork, pour it down the big red lane, you deserve it.
Well done!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 10:11 PM

Cracking Job Barry, would not have expected anything less, how long did it take, and, did you have any help?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

17-09-2020, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
What a brilliant shed.
Thanks Tiff, it hasn't turned out too bad...

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Nice
Thanks dOOd.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Brilliant job Barry and very professional. Just watch out for the downpour.

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Brilliant workmanship Barry, you’ve a great pair of hands on yeh. I’ll bet you felt good being back on the job again.
I also love the colours, the two shades of grey really suit it, very classy looking, good name for it too.

Don’t forget to christen it with a bottle of champagne, don’t smash it against the paintwork, pour it down the big red lane, you deserve it.
Well done!
Thanks Jem, I definitely think we'll have to go with that excellent advice.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Cracking Job Barry, would not have expected anything less, how long did it take, and, did you have any help?
Hi Spitty, thanks for your kind compliment. I started the job early August but it was slowed by the fact we had to wait for the door and window to be made which were on a four week turnaround. Regarding help, just the once I had to ask my neighbour for a hand laying the rubber roof as it was too windy to manage on my own, and Rosemary was always around to give a lift if anything was particularly awkward, otherwise just single handed...

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top