Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 03:04 PM

New friends because of OFF

because of OFF a member and I are beginning a lovely friendship.

Summer and I met for a quick coffee which turned into none stop chatter for two hours and I feel like we.ve known each other all our lives. The conversations just flowed like an old friendship and the similarities in our lives is uncanny. We both have the same name husbands, we both have sons with the same name and we both share the same things we live in life.

Summer thank you for meeting me, I so wanted to hug you and really felt delighted to meet you. I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship.

I'm annoyed I ate 2 chocolates and a shortbread though, you are a bad influence hahaha.

Wonderful couple hours, truly. Big virtual hugs that one day hopefully can be turned into real-time hugs.

I wanted to share with you all how our meet went.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 03:15 PM

Re: New friends because of OFF

Love this. Have a cup for me .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 03:22 PM

Good for you .... it must be interesting to meet another forum member in the real world and feel quite uncanny to hit it off so well.

I'd be a bit too shy to do that.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 03:33 PM

Good for you both, especially at the moment.

Glanny and I have met in person (along with our other halves) some years ago now at Dublin airport. We were returning home from a visit to Dublin to celebrate my birthday and they were flying somewhere else entirely. Like LQ and Summer, we hit it off straight away although we'd been virtual friends on another forum for a few years before hand.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 04:01 PM

How lovely for you both
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

I'd be a bit too shy to do that.
Morticia I often think you are hilariously funny and not afraid to speak your truth and I would never have thought you shy .

I've often felt I would like to meet up with some on the forum and wonder if they are as I I immagine.

Very pleased for you LQ and Summer .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 04:51 PM

I love that you live near enough to meet one another.
I have met several forum members, none on here though & though we stayed friends for a while & with two I still exchange emails, none lived close enough to keep the friendship in real life.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 05:00 PM

That's lovely for both of you, so nice that you both enjoy the same things.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 05:14 PM

That's great and may your friendship continue.

I had a meeting with someone I'd spoken to on-line when I first moved to the US for work.

They offered to show me some nice bars and some of the local attractions.

I looked at their profile photo and thought "nice, why not"

Turned up at the arranged time and place and was met by a huge man mountain.......how was I to know Stacey was a bloke's name and the photo was of his wife?

Anyway, we had a laugh about it, became friends and we still are 15 years later.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 06:14 PM

Ah that's lovely.

Any photo's of your meeting LQ? x

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top