Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 11:46 AM

Anti-virus creator John McAfee arrested over tax evasion charges

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54431726

Anti-virus software entrepreneur John McAfee has been arrested in Spain and faces extradition to the US where he has been charged with tax evasion.

Prosecutors say he failed to file tax returns for four years, despite earning millions from consulting work, speaking engagements, crypto-currencies and selling the rights to his life story. None of the income is connected with the software firm which bears his name.

Mr McAfee has not publicly commented on the charges.If convicted, he could face up to 30 years in prison.

In a statement the US Justice Department said Mr McAfee allegedly evaded tax liability by having his income paid into bank accounts and cryptocurrency exchange accounts in the names of nominees. As a result, it is alleged, he failed to file any tax returns from 2014 to 2018. He is also accused of concealing assets, including a yacht and real estate property, in the names of others.

The charges were announced shortly after the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) revealed that it had brought civil charges against Mr McAfee.
Though the wheels of justice turn slowly, they grind exceeding small .....
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 03:33 PM

Re: Anti-virus creator John McAfee arrested over tax evasion charges

I am exceedingly pleased to read that because the robbing b'stards took money for and renewed my antivirus despite me declining their offer to renew. This matter is now in the hands of my CC provider. If he was on fire I would not #### on him to extinguish the flames
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 03:56 PM

Re: Anti-virus creator John McAfee arrested over tax evasion charges

Tax evasion I thought he had been charged with murder ?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top