Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 06:31 PM

Conduct Unbecoming

Today in Parliament, deputy leader of the Labour Party Angela Rayner, called a Tory MP `scum` as he was delivering some news about the latest Covid results. Deputy Speaker Dame Eleanor Laing remonstrated with her and asked her to withdraw the remark. Instead, she went into another tirade.

Why wasn't she ejected from the House for such outrageous behaviour?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...latest-news-VN
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 07:15 PM

Re: Conduct Unbecoming

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Today in Parliament, deputy leader of the Labour Party Angela Rayner, called a Tory MP `scum` as he was delivering some news about the latest Covid results. Deputy Speaker Dame Eleanor Laing remonstrated with her and asked her to withdraw the remark. Instead, she went into another tirade.

Why wasn't she ejected from the House for such outrageous behaviour?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...latest-news-VN
'cos she is a Momentum/Labour MP.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 07:56 PM

Today is the first time I've heard of her.

And already I can't stand the gobby mare ... even before that dratted insult 'scum' I'd had the misfortune to hear her drone on and on about oppressed Mancunians ... sounding like some old out-of-time 20th century early trade unionist. I was half expecting her to fish out a banner claiming ... Mancunian Lives Matter.

Amazing to discover she's the Deputy Leader.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 08:04 PM

Parliamentary rules of behaviour desperately need overhauling and bringing up to date. For example, Johnson blatantly lied to parliament in PMQs today yet no one is allowed to call him a liar. Rayner's calling the Tory minister scum, if she so did, was also fully justified but, yet again, forbidden. The rules as they stand are a charter for liars hypocrites.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 08:14 PM

I wouldn't say it was fully justified.
What would have happened if instead of questioning it he'd just shot back .. shut up you flatulent cow.
There is such a thing as manners and not behaving like an alley cat.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Parliamentary rules of behaviour desperately need overhauling and bringing up to date. For example, Johnson blatantly lied to parliament in PMQs today yet no one is allowed to call him a liar. Rayner's calling the Tory minister scum, if she so did, was also fully justified but, yet again, forbidden. The rules as they stand are a charter for liars hypocrites.
Sadiq Khan, on the bbc London News tonight called Boris a liar. Unbecoming, I thought.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Sadiq Khan, on the bbc London News tonight called Boris a liar. Unbecoming, I thought.
But completely true.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 10:34 PM

Apparently, reported on Twitter, she has apologised for her outburst. Did she jump or was she pushed? Probably the latter considering the level of outrage generated - maybe her boss has had a word in her shell-like?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

21-10-2020, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Best yet, when Denis Skinner called half of the Tories liars while in the commons and was made to retract the accusation and apologise by the Speaker, he announced that half of the Tories were not liars.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by judd ->
best yet, when denis skinner called half of the tories liars while in the commons and was made to retract the accusation and apologise by the speaker, he announced that half of the tories were not liars. :d

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top