Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 02:10 AM

Donald and Joe Talking Now

It is Friday midday AEDT and I am just settling down to watch The debate between Joe Biden and Donadl J Trump. I am watching the NBC Live feed on Youtube.

The first topic is Covid.

Are you watching too?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 04:19 AM

Re: Donald and Joe Talking Now

Yes. Better job than last time from both. I still can't stand Trump but at least he didn't make a complete arse of himself this time - just half arsed.. I thought Biden was a lot sharper and more focused. I think Biden still won. Anybody who compares himself to Abraham Lincoln has to be deluded. As if we already didn't know that though. Can't wait for the world to be shot of the colossal prat.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yes. Better job than last time from both. I still can't stand Trump but at least he didn't make a complete arse of himself this time - just half arsed.. I thought Biden was a lot sharper and more focused. I think Biden still won. Anybody who compares himself to Abraham Lincoln has to be deluded. As if we already didn't know that though. Can't wait for the world to be shot of the colossal prat.
I agree with everything you wrote. Shutting off the mics was a good move and they obviously had both had a very stern talking to by their minders before the event. The girl was pretty good though not a patch on Sarah Ferguson or even Leigh Sales.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

23-10-2020, 07:04 AM

Here it is (I hope you can see it)

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 10:58 AM

Nope, No Way would I watch. I loathe Politics, it brings out the worst in people, you only have to read some of the posts on here to see that. Besides it's US Politics, I'm even less interested in them.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 01:53 PM

If they'd followed this kind of plan with debates from the beginning it would have made things much clearer.
The bun fighting was embarrassing.
I think both spoke well on the whole.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->

Don't know what a prat is, but with colossal as an adjective, it must be right down Trump's alley. Notice I didn't say up his alley, as every bit of Trump is on the down side.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->

Don't know what a prat is, but with colossal as an adjective, it must be right down Trump's alley. Notice I didn't say up his alley, as every bit of Trump is on the down side.

Prat = Jerk, schmuck, Scumbag etc Anything to describe somebody you wouldn't spit on if they were on fire. Have you seen the very recent documentary on Netflix where some of the most experienced and respected pschiatrists and psychologists in the US assess Trump's mental state and fitness to lead your country? It is a very sad and frightening piece of work. I have lived in the US twice - San Francisco and New Jersey. I had a great time and I enjoyed every second in your awesome country. THere is a lot to lose here. The people of the USA deserve somebody who gives a damn about them. NOt a sociopathic narcissist who calls neo nazis and thugs with automatic weapons "very good people"
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

24-10-2020, 08:17 AM

Must be time for another government ad...

Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 12:45 PM

Have said it before, but are these two really the best available people from such a huge country?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top