Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 02:39 PM

Re: What silly/stupid 'challenges' did you do as a teenager?

[QUOTE=Mups;1943923]
Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

Smashing post, Todger.

If we take an animal on, then we are responsible for it's physical AND emotional well-being.
Exactly - that is what it means to be a pet owner. As for working dogs - they are slightly different perhaps - but should still be respected and properly cared for in comfortable fit for purpose kennels - not shut sheds.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

31-07-2020, 02:42 PM

When I was 17 I was visiting my aunt and family who lived in the UK, she let me borrow her car. I had never encountered a roundabout before and drove round it the wrong way! I was very fortunate I didn't hit anyone or arrested for my stupidity!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
When I was at school back in the dark ages I was already very big and strong. I lived near to Charringtons Brewery. It was surrounded by iron railings with short spikes every foot or so. I was challenged by a few mates to bend one of them.. I then proceeded to bend every other spike at right angles which meant they were sticking out over the pavement. Was I proud of myself? of course I was..until I realised how stupid I was and how dangerous it could have been. This was back in the 50s. I have gained a little more sense recently.
Good to know, EZ.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

31-07-2020, 02:46 PM

Silliest thing I ever did? Someone said I wouldn't dare water ski across Bridlington Bay - so I did. Trust me - coming off water skis at 30mph is not funny - especially when you cannot swim! Cured me of 'dares' anyway!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
One shouldn't be deliberately cruel to an animal, but neither should you treat them as surrogate humans, as some people do. They should be treated like the species they are.

Much like Spider Monkeys then?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 03:10 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;1943948][QUOTE=pauline3;1943907]

On the contrary Pauline.
If they are well treated, they want to please you, and will work their socks off for you. A good bond with a working dog is invaluable.

Sadly, in the case of this dog, it sounds like he never had any love, guidance or reward based training, so it's obvious he would grow up with a chip on his shoulder.

Crikey,..this isn’t meant to sound funny and hope it doesn’t.

That dog sounds like I “used to be”......
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

31-07-2020, 03:17 PM

I wish I hadn't mentioned that long dead animal, the comments are really getting very boring, and taking the thread way off topic.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 03:18 PM

My time machine works......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 03:21 PM

When I was 17 I was visiting my aunt and family who lived in the UK, she let me borrow her car. I had never encountered a roundabout before and drove round it the wrong way! I was very fortunate I didn't hit anyone or arrested for my stupidity!

Do we assume you had not passed a driving test?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 03:27 PM

I wish I hadn't mentioned that long dead animal, the comments are really getting very boring, and taking the thread way off topic.
There is a thing about rendering unto Caesar

Anyway, back to the thread. Anyone remembe game of knocking the granny out of bed? I.e. ring a doorbell and scarper. We stopped after inadvertently doing it to a copper who recognised one of us

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top