Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 02:13 PM

Re: I am SPARTACUS

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Meg - you have quoted from one of my favourite movies and actress...watch this every year
..mine too Pats I am a fan of some of the novels of Henry James ...
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 04:51 PM

Look after Mr. Bond. See that some harm comes to him. Hugo Drax to Chang in the Bond film Moonraker.

Mr. Witt, sir, be quiet now will you; there's a good gentleman. You'll upset the lads. Colour sergeant Bourne, in the film Zulu.
spinner
yorkshire
spinner is female  spinner has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 05:32 PM

Not a brilliant film, but this one line really cracked me up.
(Lake Placid)
[Upon finding a decaying toe]
Hector: Is this the man that was killed?
Sheriff Hank Keough: He seemed... taller.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 05:36 PM

I always laugh at the line in The Time Bandits where Napolean has droned on and on about his battles round the dinner table and one of the bandits turns to his pal and says "isn't he interesting?"
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Movies; The Pink Panther or Shot in the Dark starred Peter Sellers

Thanks Bruce - I get the gist now!! I edited out what I wrote

Had (still having) a senior moment
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 11:41 PM

I avoided mentioning it but no one has mentioned one of my favourite movies - Casablanca. It is chock full of memorable lines including "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world she walks into mine" but the best has to be this one:

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 04:47 PM

It seems they are still coming up with 'Great ' lines in new films, and long may they continue to.
Last night I was watching the 2010 Si-Fi Film 'Skyline' with my two grandsons on Ch.4. The professor and his assistant think they have killed off the invading aliens, he looks out through his glass and says, "No they're not dead, just really pissed off."
I don't know if you think that's funny, but the kids and me were in stitches laughing, best bit of the whole film.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 04:51 PM

- that is funny Jem - I think because it was so unexpected
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
- that is funny Jem - I think because it was so unexpected
God forgive me but it reminded me of my cranky old Grandfather, who always sat in the same fireside chair, he was as pale as a sheet and not a move outa him, It's just like something he would have said if you said hello to him, "No I'm not dead Son, just really pissed off." Oh memories!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 05:27 PM

My mother was a good "plain"cook" & my father often teased her about her cooking. HIs favourite comment was.
" The gravy is tender dear" THen they'd fall about laughing.

How I miss them..............

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top