Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 12:57 PM

Re: What word(s) do you use to desigante ..

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Is it a word? Desigante?
No I think he just typed his a & n in the wrong order and meant to type designate. I suspect we all do that sometimes!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
No I think he just typed his a & n in the wrong order and meant to type designate. I suspect we all do that sometimes!
I knew this yet still hoped against hope, that desigante was a word and I was pronouncing it so well in my own head (with an Italian flair!)
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
This reminds me of the male waxing term "Back, Sack and Crack" which always makes me flinch slightly inside if I hear it spoken out loud or read it on salon literature!

I just did again...reading this back!
Eeeewwww! That's just horrendous, Rhian! Do the men actually request that if they go into a salon? "Hello, missus, can you do me a back, sack & crack please?" UGH!!

Can't they be polite and say BSC...that's much more dignified.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 01:19 PM

Just my humour.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 02:23 PM

If we want people to use the correct word we should make a greater effort to teach young children the right word.
Faeces is hardly a difficult word for a child - they happily deal with much more complicated ones - Caterpillar, Unicorn, Rumpelstiltskin to name but a few. Still no excuse for adults to say 'poo' and 'wee wee' though.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Faeces is hardly a difficult word for a child - they happily deal with much more complicated ones - Caterpillar, Unicorn, Rumpelstiltskin to name but a few. Still no excuse for adults to say 'poo' and 'wee wee' though.

I used to work with someone - and she was one of the managers, an intelligent, well educated woman - who always said she had to 'go potty' when she needed the toilet
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 02:59 PM

My "bits" have always been called my bits or my undercarriage. On extremely rare occasions, I've been known to call them the crown jewels or meat and 2 veg. When I'm at the doctors or practice nurse, I revert to the correct terminology.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I knew this yet still hoped against hope, that desigante was a word and I was pronouncing it so well in my own head (with an Italian flair!)
Be careful Rhian.... it might be a word in Italian and mean something rude!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

19-07-2021, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have seen many say poo on the forum but, if you look after children who say poo, it happens! Dog poo is probably the most common & I may have used it myself in reply, but I don't let things like that bother me!
I never feel the need to tell people what I am going to do in the bathroom, but I know some children do!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 03:46 PM

Be careful Rhian.... it might be a word in Italian and mean something rude!
No such word in Italian so Rhian should be OK.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top