Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:55 AM

Re: Decluttering your house.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Mine was in desperate need and I thought I was a minimalist,😮

How about you does your house need decluttering?

Are you able to let things go?

Most of what I got rid of, my neighbour took it all, I found it incredibly easy letting it all go.

Plus it makes cleaning so much easier, very little to move,
Definitely not - all my junk will be sure to come in useful at any moment. Can't bear to part with anything.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 12:00 PM

Mine was in desperate need and I thought I was a minimalist,😮

How about you does your house need decluttering?

Are you able to let things go?

Most of what I got rid of, my neighbour took it all, I found it incredibly easy letting it all go.

Plus it makes cleaning so much easier, very little to move,
About 12 years we moved house. In that 12 years we collected a lot of stuff. Now we have moved house about two years ago.
What we realised was just how much we had accumulated.

It's gone now and we have a much tidier place. And we can actually see the dining table.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 12:35 PM

At least you recognise it Tiff.

My son doesn’t, his loft is full up in his own house, plus half of my loft is full up with his stuff...he’s got everything from his childhood here and he won’t part with it, biker mice, street shark, where’s wally books, a bike, pellet guns, plus miscellaneous stuff that he picked up from car boot sales, oh and a huge box full of leads...😮😮
My hoarding is, Charlie Bears, other bears, cuddly dragons, cuddly horses, including, Steiff, Merrythought & others, some floor standing. Jellycat toys, Kaycee dragons, China & other medium horses, Wade ceramic animals & figures, books & other nick-nacks. Probably most worth a bit. My Daughter will have fun sorting it all when I go.
Forgot these...., I also have a life size Border Collie & a Beagle & a cuddly Sprocket from Fraggle Rock. And ducks, mostly wooden decoys.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
We border upon minimalism ................ until it comes to the craft room or the garage.
Sounds like home to me!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 01:18 PM

At least you recognise it Tiff.

My son doesn’t, his loft is full up in his own house, plus half of my loft is full up with his stuff...he’s got everything from his childhood here and he won’t part with it, biker mice, street shark, where’s wally books, a bike, pellet guns, plus miscellaneous stuff that he picked up from car boot sales, oh and a huge box full of leads...😮😮
Could he be saving them for his own children to have fun with one day?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

26-07-2021, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Definitely not - all my junk will be sure to come in useful at any moment. Can't bear to part with anything.
Usually, in my experience, the moment after you have thrown it away!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 01:25 PM

Trouble here is, l keep chucking stuff out , but, the little lady
straight away, fetches it back in !?!?
. One complete drawer in the wardrobe is dedicated to twenty year
old paperwork ??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔🤔👎
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 01:37 PM

Anecdote time.

A friend of my mother was married to a Polish gentleman who had a tendency to hoard. One day, while he was at work (he was a dentist), she managed to take a ramshackle old chair to the tip.

A couple of days later she came home to discover the chair in the hallway, and him sounding off about how proud and lucky he had been to find one that would match the one (he thought) they already still had.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 02:21 PM

We really don't "do" clutter. Don't even keep packing or boxes for things we occasionally buy. Everything has a place and is invariably put back in it after use.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 02:28 PM

Minimalist here
But I do love my objets d'art

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top